Monday, May 15, 2017

Spring Break

Rockin' the staycation again...although I'm not sure we really rocked this one. It started out great though so that's all that matters, right?
Spring Break came right off of Conference weekend. So on our way home, we visited Barbara and went home for lunch and then went to the BYU Baseball game. Shawn's work was all going so we got free tickets to the game. It was packed! So we sat in the overflow bleachers but it was good so the kids could run around. It was a beautiful day for a game!
They were obsessed with the binoculars that we inherited from Larry...haha! But Sadie is using them backwards.
The kids were getting a little bored and messed around with my phone/camera.
My boys plus one. Easton can always make friends.
On $5 Tuesday, I took Cambree and Sadie to see Beauty and the Beast. I didn't want to bring the boys and Brinley had already seen it. It was SO good!!
Shawn and I have been taking a marriage class at BYU for 6 weeks. It's been ok. We've learned a few new things but we felt like it was mostly for people that have been married less than 5 years. To celebrate our completion, we stopped by Waffle Luv for Shawn's first waffle. He was impressed!
Brinley wanted to go up the canyon to take some pictures to enter into the art show (that she actually didn't enter). I wanted to go up too to check out Tibble Fork for a photo session. It's still torn up. :( Nobody else wanted to come up with me, Brinley and Caden.
I also did some mini senior sessions. I had a bunch of days open but only 2 people booked (twins...my neighbors) so I guess people are out of town and it wasn't as successful as I had hoped. But I did find a tree stump that was shaped like a heart! Kinda fun.
I took the 3 younger kids on a walk. The path is starting to bloom. It was a nice start to a beautiful day!
On Thursday, April 6th (Shawn's birthday), my cousin Sean got married (finally!). It was a beautiful day! Shawn took a 1/2 day off and came. He then had to leave to go to his doctor's appointment (he's still having pain) and then showed up at the end of the luncheon.
It was a little bright!

Kristy and I at the luncheon.

That evening we went to the reception. It was at the beautiful Wadley Farms in Lindon so we brought the whole family, except Brinley. She'd rather stay home. She missed out on Cafe Rio and delicious doughnuts. Probably the best I've ever had!
They had a sparkler exit! We had fun with them.
Friday was kind of a train wreck. It was the only day that we didn't have plans and things we had to do. I felt bad cuz the girls babysat a lot that week and wanted to do something fun. I wasn't sure what to do and thought we'd either go to Trafalga or BYU and eat at the Cannon. We decided on Trafalga even though Brinley and Cambree weren't happy with it. When they swiped our passes, they said two of them had expired. I knew that wasn't right but they said it was. So we couldn't go. While Sadie and Easton were crying, I called Shawn to tell him that we would come for lunch. He said he couldn't cuz he was too busy at work so that was out. So then I thought I'd try and buy some more passes to update those that expired but then Brinley and Cambree threw fits so I got upset and told them we wouldn't go anywhere and started to drive home. Eventually, they all agreed to go to Discovery Park so we went there. They ended up having a good time but it was a little rough.
Sadie wanted to play with Caden which was great!
That night, Marlie was opening her mission call. She was going to Tokyo, Japan!!! No way! The same mission that Jody went on!! Marlie has always wanted to go there. She's taken 2 years of Japanese and loves the culture. Later, they found out that Jody's mission companion's daughter was going to the same mission as Marlie and they enter the MTC on the same day! THAT cannot be coincidence! There was definitely some divine intervention there!
Well, that's it! Kind of a lame spring break. The kids complained a little bit but you do what you gotta do!

No comments: