Friday, October 9, 2015

YW Value Run

Ever since we got called to serve in Young Women's we came up with the idea to have a Color Run AKA Value Run for a YW Combined Activity. Everything was coming together perfectly. We did 7 color stations and started off with white (faith) and their white shirts. The color was made out of cornstarch which all the leaders made a batch or 2. It worked out great! My house had the yellow color station so I had to decorate it and get people to "man" it. Shawn was in-charge of it that night since I wanted to participate.
And they're off!!
Brinley is just coming out of the arch.
I really look like an old lady. ;)
Here's my station!
Shawn took a few cloudy pictures…this is Brinley and her friends.
Me and another leader brought up the rear to make sure there weren't any stragglers…that just meant we got the most color!
We did the 5K all around our neighborhood so we had neighbors cheering the girls on. We ended on a grassy area across from the church. The stations brought the rest of the color over for a color and dance party after! Primary kids came and got color. It practically turned into a ward activity. It was a blast!


The Beehives….we have 25 of them!
The awesome leaders that made this happen!
And I really don't need to go to the bathroom. I don't know what I was doing!
Brinley got a good one to her face!
Brinley and her friends took some selfies.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

That is such a cool activity! Sounds like something the leaders in Delta would've done ;)