Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Conference Weekend

Every General Conference weekend, we go to my parent's house to watch it. The kids all look forward to going there and to see their cousins. Well, this year it was only us! So weird. We had a good time anyway and I got some sewing done! Yes, I said sewing. That doesn't happen much but I wanted to make pj's for my kids this year for Christmas and I figured I could sew them all pj pants and just buy a t-shirt.
Oh! I'm getting ahead of myself! Right after Cambree's birthday party, we headed to Draper to watch the BYU game at Shawn's brother, Ryan's, house. He has a big movie theater in his basement. It's the ideal place to watch a game. I was SO worn-out from the party that I just relaxed and might have dozed off during the game. :) The girls had fun playing air hockey and bugging their dog. We actually spent the night so we wouldn't have to go back home and then out to my parent's house in Tooele. Saved a little driving and it's fun. :) After the game, we played Ticket to Ride and then watched World War Z. Yeah, we were up until 2 a.m. and I felt like I was going to have a heart attack during that movie! So suspenseful!!
 It probably wasn't too smart to stay up so late. It was hard getting out the door and to Tooele that morning and I think Shawn slept through most of Conference. Luckily, I had my little sewing project so I was good!
 My mom always has yummy food and treats for Conference.
Sunday was Cambree's actual birthday! So we had presents and cake for her. She begged all weekend to open them early but we made her wait.
 Grandma bought and made more clothes for her doll. So cute!
 Since she's 8, she got scriptures from us and permission to get her ears pierced.
 She looks so excited to turn 8. Not. Whoa. Is it 1995 again?

No comments: