Monday, September 30, 2013

Sadie's Fairy Birthday Party

Oh boy! I was probably almost as excited as Sadie to have her first friend birthday party. It was cute the list she made of who to invite...it came down to her play group friends (her birthday even fell on play group day) and a few others. 7 little girls in all. They got fairy wings and a halo as soon as they walked in the door. They colored a Tinkerbell picture while I made their wands. We played "Pin the Fairy" in Sadie's hands on a picture I blew up of her from her Fairy Photo Shoot. Then, we went on a treasure hunt finding fairies all along the way. It was nice because I told them they had to be quiet or they would scare the fairies away. It worked! Instead of the running around to find clues they tip-toed and were quiet. In the end, we found fairy dust (glitter) and threw it all around...yes, we were outside. :) After that, we had cake and presents. It worked out pretty well even though I was exhausted afterward. I tried getting my mom to come help me but it didn't work out. It was fine though. So fun!


A friend walked by and was making fun of me for taking all the pictures with my phone. It was just too hard to lug my big camera around while chasing seven 3 and 4 year olds!

I made flower cupcakes. The petals were made out of marshmallows.


Easton was at co-op during the party (thank goodness!) so when he came home he got a cupcake.

And her lovely cake we made for the family party that night. More marshmallow flowers!
And now pictures from her family party. Remind me to never have Shawn take pictures on his phone. I was filming and he took pictures. Ugh. Not good.


  She got a doll that she really wanted and Grandma gave her doll clothes.

 Fun birthday for my 4 year old!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I was just thinking about how you have 3 birthdays this time of year! Tricky! I love the little party and how simple and fun it looked. Perfect fairy party!

Mandy Summers said...

I bet those little girls had a blast with such a magical theme! Looked cute!