Sunday, September 15, 2013

July Mish-Mash

Yeah! It's only mid-September and I'm still blogging back at the end of July. Oh well. Maybe I will get caught up. Maybe...
 I got some new headbands. Easton wanted to try it on. Dang. That kid is cute!
Oh man. This is what I found one morning. We just knew our water heater was going to go out. Many of our neighbors' had gone out and our homes were all built around the same time so it was just a matter of time. It was on our "things to buy" list but with the way we are about buying big purchases I figured we would only buy it when it started leaking/bursting. So I prayed that we would catch it before it flooded our basement. I was putting some toys away in our toy closet under our stairs when I noticed the carpet was soaking wet. I was pretty sure I knew that it meant our water heater was leaking in the closet next door. Yup. So I called Shawn and he told me how to empty it and I pulled up the carpet and turned a fan on to dry it out. I was SO glad I caught it in time and that it was pretty easy to take care of. The Lord certainly watches out for us. I really felt that. As for getting a new one, the guy couldn't come out until the next day...so I showered at my neighbor's house. I was grateful I didn't have to take a cold shower. :)
 My nephew, Keaton, went through the temple for the first time. It was a big day for him. He is leaving on a mission in August to Tennessee. My niece also went to the temple a few weeks later. She is going on a mission in October to Alabama.
We let Brinley babysit sometimes for a few hours now. She took a babysitting class and is really responsible. She sometimes does cute crafts with the girls. They made these monkeys.
For me and my friend, Nicole's birthdays we always go get pedicures. It's the best! Getting your feet rubbed and talking with a good friend. It's such a great tradition. This time, we added Orange Leaf to the celebration. We might have to make that a tradition.
My beautiful Brinley. Sometimes I forget what she looks like without her glasses.
 I was craving caramel popcorn one night. The girls were intrigued.
 Snow cones are big around here. Cambree's seemed to have extra red dye in it.
 More dish soap on the tramp fun.
They were completely captivated by the ants.
 We had a BBQ at the Dunn's. They just put in a new fire pit to roast marshmallows and starbursts.

 Easton insisted on playing with all of Parker's cars and then got mad at Parker if he came near them. Such a bully.
Church softball season! Shawn won't miss a game. It's pretty fun to watch him...especially when he hits them out of the park. :) He's still got it!
 The 2 little ones mauled me after getting home from Ohio. Especially Easton had to see me all the time. It's a small price to pay for a little getaway time with Shawn.
 Cambree went to a few days of a little neighborhood day camp. They had a super hero day. She was "fire girl"!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

I like how you pulled out your nice camera for the pictures of Cambree :)

Tiffany said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Missy said...

I know! It's sad how much you can tell the difference. I rely on my iPhone too much.