Friday, June 21, 2013

Women's Conference

I was SOOOO excited to finally go to Women's Conference at BYU this year! My mom goes every year with her sisters and my sister was coming from Arizona to go to it so I was able to con get Shawn to take a day off work so I could go for one day.
I have been in the primary for 2 1/2 years so I was definitely ready for some "me" classes. Angie and I went to all the classes together. My mom came along for some of them. We mostly went to classes about how to teach our kids things. I especially liked the one about teaching your children about service and sacrifice. I just don't think my kids get how privileged they really are. I hope to teach them better about that. The communication class about learning your child's love language was also really good. I need to learn what my kids' languages are.
At lunch time, my other sister joined us for lunch with her daughter Avery. It was fun to have us all together! We were just missing Mandy!

Yum!! BYU's brownies! Love!
We stopped in at the Sharing Stations and were overloaded with awesome ideas that I will probably never implement.

 We also did a little bit of service making cards and filling bags.
 There were photo booths all over the place and we took advantage of one. :)
We met up with my mom and my aunts for the concert. They all wore their matching crochet vests. They got lots of comments.
The concert was AWESOME! So many wonderful and uplifting musical numbers...not to mention we might've broken a world record for the most people singing Row, Row, Row Your Boat. :) Mercy River, Hilary Weeks, Michael McLean, an awesome piano guy, a few guys from Vocal Point that performed on The Sing Off (now they are called Hudson Lights), and a lady that performed in Les Mes on Broadway were some of the musical numbers. We had such a good time! I just might be addicted like my mom and aunts now!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Oh, my gosh! Those pictures of Avery are so cute! I need to get them from you. And the picture of us girls too :) That's cute how mom and her sisters had matching vests too.

Mandy Summers said...

Looks like fun! It won't be long now and I'll be able to come to things like that!