Sunday, April 28, 2013

Spring Break-Day 1 & 2

Here we go! The epic spring break trip of 2013!! I'm pretty sure we've never gone anywhere for spring break. This year I was determined to go somewhere! Then, I remembered that part of the reason we haven't gone on hardly any vacations lately is because Easton HATES the car. We barely make it to Tooele without him freaking out. So, I thought about it and maybe my mom would take him. It was a long shot but I wanted to try. She said yes! It was almost a week. Yikes! But I knew my mom would be able to take care of him. So we left on a Tuesday after Shawn's work. I took Easton to my dad's work and dropped him off. It was sad and I surprised myself and cried when I left him. :( So sad. Then, I picked up Shawn and we were off. It was a beautiful drive a little rainy but the sun came out and we saw some rainbows. :) We only stopped probably 2 times to get gas and eat. We decided to stop in Vegas to stay the night at Shawn's brother's house. We knew it would be late but it was nice not to have to drive straight through.


Sadie fell asleep. If you look really close, you can see drool coming out of her mouth. :)
We got to Vegas really late on a school night, but they kept their kids up so they could play for a little bit. Val built a zip line that goes over their pool. Brinley tried it but Cambree was too scared. She promised she would do it on the way home when we stopped there on the way back. We held her to it! Shawn did it too even though I was sure it would break and he would end up in the pool. Things got a little crazy when Sarah pushed Val into the pool but he brought her along with him. Good times! Later, Sarah gave me my first airbrush tan. It was nice to be tan in Cali. :)
The next morning we slept in a little and got going. Nothing too eventful...oh, except when it was getting hot (90 degrees!) we turned on our AC only to realize it went out at the end of the summer last year! We totally forgot!! So driving through was HOT! Windows down or not, it was not too fun. As we neared Oceanside, it got cooler and we arrived at our condo around 5:00. My sister and her family weren't going to be there until midnight. It was nice to just chill as a family. The girls wanted to check out the beach. We were only a block away but it took awhile to find an entrance. After going way around, we found one really close...we just went the wrong way. The girls were in heaven running into the crashing waves. I hoped they wouldn't get too wet, but that was out-the-door with Brinley. She is just like me. I LOVED getting in the ocean no matter how cold it is.

So Sadie suddenly looked back and saw footprints in the sand. She would keep walking and then look back. There were more! She kept doing that and finally realized she was making the footprints. It was so funny!
Sadie is at such a weird stage with her pulling faces. That stinker.
Awe. Me and my honey. LOVE the beach! There will be PLENTY more pics when we actually spend a whole day there coming up!
After our walk on the beach, the girls showered while I made spaghetti. I love staying at a condo where you can cook your own food. The girls were pretty tired and didn't have trouble falling asleep. They all slept on the floor upstairs. Our condo was great! It had 3 floors. The middle was the main floor with 2 bedrooms. The upstairs was just kind of a little sitting area going out to the balcony. The lower level just had a bathroom, laundry room and garage. So there was plenty of floor space for our kids while the adults got the beds. It was perfect! It also had an elevator but we had the limit the kids' time on it cuz we didn't want them going up and down all the time. We especially didn't want it to break!! We wanted our deposit back!!
Sorry that one was so boring (well, no one reads this anyway). ;) The next day we went to Legoland!!

3 comments:

Jennifer S said...

Well I hate to tell you but I still read this :) what an awesome get away and seriously, your mom is SO nice to take Easton! that is awesome. I love hearing about my friends taking little vacations like this because it makes me think about how we might be able to do this sometime. i love the beach :)

Tiffany said...

Dang, you do look tan! Did it get all over the bed sheets and stuff? I know a few people who've gotten spray tans and it got all over everything!

Krystal Baker said...

What a fun get-away spring vacation! P.S. Love Legoland - did you guys have fun?