Monday, February 18, 2013

Easton | 16 Months Old

I haven't been posting much about Easton. He is definitely around! He's learning and growing and changing...some thing's he still isn't changing that I wish he would...like screaming (but at least not as much) and hating the car. Ugh.
-Oh gosh. What is he up to. He climbs on everything which almost always results in him getting hurt. Mostly hitting his head under the table. Our coffee table is turned on it's side so he doesn't walk off it and for some reason he hasn't learned how to scoot out the chairs to climb on them. I know it's only a matter of time.

-I get comments on his hair every time I go somewhere. He probably needs a haircut but I just LOVE how it looks right now.
-Brinley says he's a major whiner. I can't agree more. He's a very wear-in-on-his-sleeve type kid. When he's happy, he is SOOO happy and fun and cute! When he's tired/hungry/bored/wants something/teething/etc. you sure know it!
-He is illegally in nursery. Shawn and I are both Sunbeam teachers and tried having him in with us. It did not last long. All the little Sunbeams wanted to sit on our laps and he was all over the place! The Primary President told us to just take him in there. Awesome. He won't be in there until the end of March, officially. We are SO thankful he can go in there. Shawn says he would MUCH rather be in Sunbeams than chase Easton around all through church. Easton doesn't mind nursery either. It's SO nice!
-He weighs 30 lbs. 90th percentile. I think Sadie weighs 34 lbs. I'm sure he will out-weigh her soon enough!
-Easton does this scary thing where if he gets hurt or really mad, he cries so hard he stops breathing. If we catch it and blow in his face to make him breathe, he doesn't pass out. But if we don't, he passes out. He's only passed out twice but his lips will turn purple and he'll go pale afterward when he does that. Sadie did that too if she hit her head too hard but Easton does it just for getting mad. It's really ridculous scary and I hope it doesn't go on too much longer. Those poor babysitters wouldn't know what to do! At least Brinley does!
-He says a few words: Ma/Mom! (like he screams it), Da (he says all nice), mo (more), ha (hot), di-do (thank you)...I think that's it. He waves bye-bye and blows kisses and gives kisses. I love those lips!
-He still LOVES to get into my pots/pans/bowls/serving utensils/lids/etc...anything that will make a HUGE mess in the kitchen. Shawn FINALLY put child locks on the cabinets. It's a good thing cuz my sanity was on the brink of breaking!
-He LOVES to watch me cook. Begs for me to hold him while I cook. It's a good thing I'm in a freezer meal groups. Dinner time is crazy time.
He's cooking.
 That's our boy! He's a pain but we sure love him and it wouldn't be the same without him!

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

Wow! He looks so much like Cambree in that last one! These were so cute! I wish I could've seen him when we went over, but I know it was for the best that he was with his Daddy running errands :)

Krystal Baker said...

So - he is in every way a boy? Haha.

Krystal Baker said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mandy Summers said...

I didn't know he held his breath when he gets mad! That is scary!

Angie said...

He's so cute. It sure makes up for his temper! At least he doesn't hide his feelings.