Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Christmas Day!

I was really excited for the kids to see what Santa brought them. We made them stay "asleep" until 7. I guess Brinely's clock is wrong because the called us on the phone (that's how we intercom) at 5:40 wondering if they could get up yet. From then on, I was toast. I couldn't go back to sleep (which has been the case for about a week! I don't know what my deal is). I put the breakfast casserole in the oven to bake (it's now a tradition and I can make it the night before so it's easy!) so it was ready when they could finally come up at 7. We made them eat breakfast (more torture!) and wait for Grandma and Grandpa to be ready and then they could see what Santa brought.
Trying to show how old they are.
Sadie was definitely the most excited out of anyone. She always is. :) She was excited to get Barbie movies.
So, Santa brought the girls Mall Madness Pet Shop version. When I was little, I had the Mall Madness game and LOVED it! They didn't make it very long and so you can find it for $300! Luckily, I Santa found the Pet Shop version. It is SO cute and SO much like the original!
Candy cane with a wrapper? He might get to the candy eventually.
Easton was just trying to eat things.
Cambree...not so excited.
I think it was a little bit of a let-down especially for Cambree. She wanted an American Girl doll and none was to be found. But there was a HUGE present that said "Open Last" and the presents under the tree. She did get a doll from us but it wasn't an American Girl doll. I think she's about out of the doll phase so I wasn't going to buy her an expensive doll. But right away, she knew it wasn't an American Girl doll. She still really likes it and took it everywhere we went during Christmas break. Now it mostly sits in her room not played with. I think it was a good call on my part. :) Brinley got her beloved i-Touch (our old one with many restrictions!) and Sadie got a Dream Light. Easton got a race car track. I was excited to get some boots and Shawn got basketball shoes for all the basketball he promises he will be playing. :)
 
There's some smiles.
After all the presents were open, they got to open the last big present. The elves sent them on a wild treasure hunt. They were running all over the house finding clues! Finally, the clues let them outside where they found a trampoline!! They were pretty excited but seemed a little confused (and maybe cold too). I thought they'd be more excited. Maybe when it gets warmer they will be.



Around noon, my parents decided to leave. They went over to my brother's house to see them and then they were headed home to be there when Nate and Mandy got there. I REALLY wanted to see them (since they live in Ohio) but would have to wait until later. Lynnette invited us over for Christmas dinner. They were having crab and ham (thank goodness for the ham!). Glad we had somewhere to go. Cambree and Casey have so much fun playing together.

Casey got Star Wars gear for Christmas. Cambree loved playing with it too!
Shawn LOVED having crab!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I loved Sadie's face! So cute!