Sunday, December 23, 2012

Live Nativity

So I guess in Alpine there is a live Nativity every year. I would always hear about it after it was over. They only do it for a couple days and then it's over. So this year I marked it on my calendar right after Thanksgiving so I could find out about it. Good thing I did cuz it was right at the end of November. I really didn't know what to expect but I had heard that the lines could be long. They had a matinee time this year so we did that. It was perfect! Not too cold and no lines! We rode up in a horse trailer to the property. Then, you walk about a 1/4 mile until you see Baby Jesus. Along the way there were shepherds, sheep, camels(!), a donkey, goats, horses, Roman guards who asked how old my baby boy was (I said 3), a little Bethlehem city where they showed us how to make things like leather, woodworking, bread, pottery, etc. It was AMAZING! I felt calm and peaceful and hopeful when we finally saw Mary, Joseph, and Baby Jesus. It was beautiful. The girls wanted to do it again, but the little ones needed naps. We will for sure be going every year! LOVED it!!
So Easton LOVED all the animals! He was SO excited!
Did you know donkey's have a cross on their backs? I'm sure it's not a coincidence. So cool.
Everyone got hot chocolate (except Easton) and were happy campers!
Can't wait to do it again!

1 comment:

Denise said...

I've never heard of this. How cool!