Sunday, October 21, 2012

Easton's 1st Birthday!!

Whoa. Did the year fly by or what?! Sometimes it did and sometimes it didn't. He has definitely been a challenge but I am so happy/glad to hit the one year mark. Things just seem easier after they turn one somehow.
Anyway, we had a little party for him 2 days after he turned one. Yeah, I skipped town on his 1st birthday. I'm a good mom like that. ;) I got to spend the weekend in the canyon with my mom, aunts, SIL, cousins, etc. We crafted away and had yummy food! I don't think Easton will hold it against me. I came home a happier mommy. So, we had my bro and his family over for a little party for Easton. We had dinner and just made ghetto cupcakes...nothing fancy, which he LOVED! Don't mind that I took a picture of the 1 backwards. There was just too much going on that I didn't even notice. :)
We are singing to him and he could hardly take his eyes off the cupcake. Oh, and his favorite toy right now is a spoon. He carries it around all the time.
Oh yes, he LOVED the cake! I did a whole cake smash session that I still need to edit, but take my word for it. It was CUUUTTTE!!
Now on to the presents. He wanted nothing to do with them, as you can see in the picture below. He just LOVES to crawl all around right now and get into things. He didn't open a single present but the girls didn't mind helping him.
He got some Baby Einstein DVDs. I think he liked it. :)
And we had to get our boy his first BYU jersey! I bought it big enough so hopefully he can wear it next fall.
Yup! It fits Sadie! That's a good sign it should fit next year.
My cute boy "playing" with his cousin, Justus.
...or trying to take his toy from him.
And here are the others at the party. Kristy just had their baby boy, Gage, last night!!
I wanted a pic in front of the birthday sign...didn't work out too well...even Shawn looks kinda dorky. ;)
Cambree wrote this cute note to Easton. I just love it.
 Well, I survived one year! Here's to many more!

2 comments:

Krystal Baker said...

Has it been a year? Happy Birthday to your cute boy! :)

Tara said...

Wow! Isn't it funny how time goes by so fast for someone else's pregnancy or baby?? I can't believe it's been a year. He is so darling - can't wait to see your smash cake pics!!! :)