Sunday, September 2, 2012

Back to School, Back to School...

...to prove to dad that I am not a fool. What movie is that from??? I guess it might prove how old I am and that I USED to watch dumb movies. :) Anyway....
I was hoping to plan something for the last day of summer. Didn't happen. Pretty much that's how it's been all summer. Good thing someone in my neighborhood thought to do something. So we met up with them at the splash park and a picnic. It was fun except for Easton crawling around and getting his hand cut on some glass...glass at a playground??? Not so good.
After Shawn came home from work, the girls were DYING to use their Target gift cards they got from a Cancer study they are involved in. So we went down there to spend them! Brinley bought a lamp for her new bedroom and Cambree bought a school shirt and dress. They are pretty smart spenders! We also made a dash to the shoe store and got 3 pair of shoes for $26...not too shabby, especially since they were cleats and boots in the mix. :) So they were finally all ready for school. They were SO excited! Brinley is starting 4th Grade (whoa.) and Cambree is in 1st Grade. So crazy (and nice since they have been fighting so much and need a break from each other) they will both be gone all day!

Her new dress she bought. :)
Thought I'd try a jumping pic. Sadie had to join in. Love her ponytail. :)
I think it's become a tradition for me to walk them to school on the first day. The Cougar is always out so it's fun to get pictures with him! It's also gotten me into a good habit of walking them to school when I can then I go running after. It's been great especially with this nice weather!

Sadie was absolutely devastated when the girls went into the school and she didn't get to go! So sad! She is definitely going to be lonely if I don't start planning some activities! She loves being with her sisters. But I am so glad the girls are back in school and to have a schedule again! Hooray!

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

1. Billy Madison
2. I was wondering how their day went! Glad they're excited, but poor Sadie.

Missy said...

Ding! Ding! Good job, Tiff!

Krystal Baker said...

Yay for back to school time! Even teachers have to admit to getting a little bit excited, and to getting a few new school clothes as well! :)

Mandy Summers said...

That jumping picture is so cute! And amazing that you caught them all doing it! How many tries did that take?

Jennifer S said...

Every time I see group pictures of your girls I can't believe how big they are now! Also, I really like the dress Cambree picked out, she has good taste!
p.s. Sorry if I embarrassed you on my blog, ha! :) and I got your voicemail, it's just been crazy around here!