Sunday, August 5, 2012

4th of July

Well, our big plans for the 4th didn't work out. We (my parents and siblings and their families) wanted to go down to Delta this year to reminisce and let's face it...Delta has THE BEST 4th of July celebration! The parade, the park, games, and the DEMO DERBY!! But the closer it came, the more I realistic I thought about it....the more it just didn't seem feasible for us this year. My brother still went and had a great time but I just knew without having a place to go to, in case it just wasn't working for Easton, would've probably been a disaster. And he probably wouldn't have done well with all the noise. My parents also weren't too sold on the idea and were probably happy to not go either so we went to Tooele to celebrate with them. We spent the night Friday night and went to the parade on Saturday morning. It was the perfect length...not too long and not too short. My Grandma was there too and it's always fun to see Grandma!


Good thing Easton likes parades...we've been to a few this year!
I love how they're waving to the royalty.
Grandma had to get her Easton time in!
After the parade, we had a yummy lunch and put the little ones down for a nap. Then, we took the older girls plus my dad to go see Brave. Ummm....Tooele totally remodeled their theater and it was sold out! That never happens! So we bought tickets for a later showing. Showing up 15 minutes before it starts was a bad idea. There weren't any seats left together. So we all ended up sitting in pairs or by ourselves. I was the lucky one and got the very front row all the way to the right side. Lame. The movie was just ok...I expected more from Disney, I guess.
Dinner was yummy too (I'm sure!) and then we played games and waited for the fireworks. Tooele also had a ban on fireworks this year because of all the fires, but they did city ones. So we took Brinley and Cambree up to the roof to watch. They were a little freaked out. We used to do that in Delta so that was fun to do that since we missed out on everything else.
All in all, it was a good weekend and I love living in this free country. There's nothing like it!

1 comment:

Angie said...

Looks like you guys had fun!