Sunday, July 8, 2012

Dogsitting Sophie

Shawn's sister's family went on vacation and asked us to watch their dog. We've never watched their dog before and I was nervous about it. I didn't grow up with dogs, just cats, so I wasn't too sure about it. Shawn was also gone for work for part of the time so I didn't really know what to do. The only thing Sophie (the dog) had going for her is that she's an old dog and mostly deaf...so I knew she wouldn't be hyper/jumpy dog and she wouldn't bark if she couldn't hear anything to bark at. So I said yes and we had a dog for 5 days. The kids had fun feeding her and walked her everyday...and they scooped the poop. :) She did wake up early and needed to be taken out to use the potty but other than that, she was an easy dog! So it was a fun experience for the kids but I know I'm not ready for a pet and for sure not getting a dog anytime soon! But we will dogsit every know and again. :)
Shawn put her up on the oven (it wasn't hot anymore) and she cleaned it right up! I do love that about dogs that I didn't have to sweep the whole time she was there. :)
Cambree was definitely attached to her the most.
And we took a walk to the horses. It's so fun to live right by them and the kids just love it and love feeding them.

2 comments:

Julie Baldwin said...

You take the best pictures!... And I would never be as kind as you to watch someone's dog.

Julie Baldwin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.