Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Brinley-9 Years Old

Here's my yearly post about my Brinley. It's funny to start this when she was probably about 4 years old and I would tell about the cute/funny/new things she was doing. Now that she's 9, it's totally different! She has definitely become her own person and it's fun to see what her personality is like now. I admit that as a 2 year old, she was crazy and into everything! Now she's definitely not crazy and thinks about everything before she acts or talks. She's definitely got many Hancock traits! She is such a sweetheart.
Here's her update:
-She LOVES to sing and is really good at it too. She sang in her class talent show twice at school and is getting more and more confident singing in front of people. I tried getting her to try out for a summer musical but she said she was still too scared. I think I really need to get her into voice lessons!
-Brinley is still keeping at the piano. She seems to be a natural at it and is doing good and likes it.
-She loves watching the History channel or Food Network. She will watch it with Shawn and ask and learn so much from watching.
-Along with her singing talent, is her love of music. She has a WIDE variety of music interest thanks to Shawn and I. We like pretty much everything. Brinley could be on her iPod almost all day if we let her.

I was SUPER excited about doing her photo shoot this year. I found the poppy field (with A LOT of help from friends) and was stoked to do it there especially since they are in season at that time. I have looked for years to find it! The bad part was she was kind of in a bad mood thanks to me. She has a REALLY fake smile and I was doing everything I could to make her stop! FINALLY at then end she got it!
Shawn says this one looks like me. :)

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

Ho-ly crap! She looks so old! Love the b/w one! And without her glasses on, she kinda looks like you when you were younger!

Denise said...

Ooh, you got some good ones! Where on earth did you find a poppy field? Nice!

Mandy Summers said...

She does look so much older! Has it really been that long since I've seen you guys? She's beautiful!

Jennifer S said...

she is getting so grown up! love the field of poppies, what a great location!

Angie said...

Happy Birthday, Brinley! I can't believe how much you're growing up! You'll be in high school before I know it! (I know I'm super late in wishing you a happy birthday, but it's fun to celebrate all summer, right?)
Love,
Aunt Angie