Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Easton's 1st Surgery

Thank goodness his first surgery was just tubes in his ears. He's had 5 ear infections in 6 months. I was tired of him being fine for a week and then getting another ear infection. He is even on soy milk because of his slight allergy to milk and to see if that helps with the ear infections. No such luck. Recently, he's also been getting up in the night 2, 3 or even 4 times! I don't want to let him cry it out because he's probably in pain from his ears. But it's getting old! Sadie's tube surgery went so well that I was ready for him to have it and hopefully all of us will be happier.
We decided to go with a new doctor and loved him! He was really great to let us know what was going on. The only downside to the surgery is our insurance only covered at the Timpanogas Hospital and they only do these surgeries in the afternoon. So Easton's last bottle was at 6 a.m. and he could have apple juice at 9 a.m. (which he didn't like very much and only had a little). He had a hard time getting his morning nap in since he was hungry before going down. But after about an hour of screaming, he went down. Shawn took the day off work to help me out. I knew I would have a hard time handling all his crying while taking care of the other kiddos. After his nap, it was time to go to the hospital! We didn't have to wait too long before they took us back. We got him dressed and ready to go! We talked to various people before things were FINALLY ready for him to have his 20 minute surgery. There was a lot of crying and screaming that went on during that time so I was glad to have Shawn there. The surgery was quick and I could hear him screaming when he came out of it. We quickly got him a bottle and then all was right in the world. We brought him home and he took a long nap. Not too bad!
Here he is all happy. He had no idea what's going to hit him in a few minutes.
Oh! He's just so little!


 I wish I could say that he slept better right away, but he didn't. I think he was in a habit of getting up. Now it's time to break that habit!!

3 comments:

Sant Family said...

Holy moly. He is cute!

So sad to see his little red eyes.

I love the ear tube surgery. Saved my bacon. Three of my six had it. And I think Ben should've.

Krystal Baker said...

Oh! Poor little guy!

Jennifer S said...

poor little Easton! I think Grant might need those tubes someday, but hoping he won't. but anyway, back to the adorableness that is easton. seriously missy, he is SO cute. I die from the cuteness!