Thursday, March 15, 2012

Potty Training. Ugh.

I absolutely HATE potty training. So this time around I talked Shawn into doing it. I've done 2 so he can do 2, right???  He actually thought it was a "we" thing until the night before. I told him I would have full duty of Easton and he would have full duty of Sadie. I guess I wasn't too clear on that. :( My friend gave me a book about it and we followed it to a T. It was potty-training in 3 days so we did it on Presidents Day weekend when Shawn would be home from work. We bought LOTS of underwear, drinks, candy, and one little toy for going poop. We were ready!
I was super frustrated right off cuz Sadie had a cold and wasn't feeling well. She also is a girl that is set in her ways and doesn't like change. She cried all morning when her schedule was interrupted. I was surprised she didn't even want to wear undies. But Shawn was VERY patient and kept encouraging her. I was all ready to give up but not him! He stayed positive. She only had about 3 accidents that first day! She REALLY got the hang of it that first day. Poop was a whole other animal and we are still working on it. :) Night times she was peeing the bed every other day so I was sick of changing sheet and just put a pull-up on. Now, she never pees in her pull-up so I think I can take that off now too...when I'm brave enough. :) A couple weeks ago, we stayed the weekend at my parent's house and she had accidents but not any since then. I think it was just hard for her being in a new place and out of her environment. I hope!
Anyway, I'm REALLY proud of her! I've never potty-trained this early...she is 2 1/2 exactly and it worked! And I'm SO happy to not have 2 in diapers now! That's HUGE!





5 comments:

Kris said...

I am a HUGE fan of the 3daypottytraining. I did it with Brielle and LOVED it. I'm so glad you found success with it as well. I have yet to find someone who hasn't. We did the pull-ups at night as well. After about a month of being dry I stopped doing pullups at night. Yay for only having one kid in diapers!

Tiffany said...

LOVE that first photo! Mom was saying that you have plenty of blackmail pictures for the future ;)

jamie @ [kreyv] said...

I'm planning on potty training next week. I'm scared! Wish me luck!

tracie said...

My husband did all my kids. Love the first picture. so cute.

Angie said...

Go Shawn! That's awesome! It sounds like he was great with his patience with her.