Friday, January 13, 2012

Easton's Blessing

We were going to bless Easton in November, but Shawn's parents were going to Vegas for a baptism. So we changed his blessing to December and they STILL couldn't come! Oh well. At least his blessing outfit still fit...barely.
Easton was blessed on December 3rd, 2011 by his daddy. It was a beautiful blessing that reaffirmed why he was sent to our family at this time...no matter how much I fight it. ;) Only one of Shawn's brothers could come and his back went out that very morning so he couldn't stand for very long. Shawn sister's family was there, my parents, my sister and her husband and my brother's family. My BFF was there with her family too but had to skip the dinner afterwards.
My mom spent the night and helped out the next morning so we were ready early enough to get a picture!
A few people have said Easton looks like J.J., my brother. What do you think?
Of course, I forgot to take pictures while everyone was there for the dinner. But my parents stayed to help clean up so they got a picture with the cute boy.
Chocolate stains, messy hair, but still all smiles. That's how it goes with 4 kids most days. Just trying to make it through the day!
 I took his blessing pictures another day. Shawn couldn't believe how big he looked in the suitcase. I'll admit, he didn't really fit.
Some with the proud father...also taken on a different day. I tell ya, this kid doesn't like pictures! That's a first for me!
Loved his little shoes.
 And a few bloopers. This one looks like he wants to punch someone. And I love his lips. :)
He was all done! This is the only one I got with this background. Oh well. Babies always get what they want. :)

5 comments:

Darci said...

He is SO SO cute! I love his little nose:)

carrie said...

I love the suitcase pictures the most. He is so dang cute!

Jody Hancock said...

I love the pictures! Especially the one by the window with Shawn. Good job keeping up on your blog. I am starting tonite and determined to keep up with it this year, it's my journal and I haven't been doing it for over a year! slacker.

Sant Family said...

Uhmmm, okay. How cute are your kids? I can't believe how fast they are growing! I love Easton's big eyes, too! So disappointing to delay things just to find out they turned out the same afterall! I love the pics!

Angie said...

I love this. He's such a sweetie. And he does look like JJ...just when JJ was younger. It's hard to tell with them 30 years apart...