Thursday, October 27, 2011

First Week...and probably the second week too


Everything is still pretty much a blur full of diaper changes, feedings, and lack of sleep. Easton's first week wasn't as much. He slept a TON! Probably from all the meds I was still on made him sleepy. He is such a good baby so far. The girls all love having him around and all want to hold him all the time.
He also really likes his swing and his binky! Oh yeah!
Yeah, this is how Sadie holds him...not really holding him. :)

I can't quite figure out something though. Cambree has been up to stuff...mischief stuff. I don't know if she needs more attention or what. I expected this from Sadie but not Cambree. She has turned the milk purple with food coloring. Yeah, Shawn gave some to Sadie and her poop in her diaper dyed her bum. Nice. (Oh, and I just noticed how dirty my fridge is! Just keeping it real, folks!)
She has drawn on the walls, books, and stuffed animals with Sharpie. And the newest thing (and last straw), she dropped her pants and peed in her room on the floor. Not her first time but still! What's her deal? Then, a few nights ago, the girls came upstairs in the middle of the night (just as I fell back asleep from being up with Easton) to tell us that Brinley peed in the bed. (They now share a room and a bed.) What???? When was the last time she did that? She said she did it on purpose cuz she didn't want to get up and make the trip to the bathroom. Yeah. She was doing her own laundry and
jobs for me the next day. It seems like everyday something is broken or ruined. What is going on??!!
I just couldn't resist how sloppy/redneck this looks. It's just what happens when you have a new baby. Life stops for everyone else...hair not done, girls got her dressed in pj's, messy face, and playing in a pool without water. The fun never ends!

Oh, I have had some setbacks though. I got an infection on my incision. When I went to get my staples taken out, my doctor was still gone on vacation until the next day. So I waited another day. When I called, they said they don't take staples out at the office...um...slight miscommunication with the other doctor that said I could! They said the hospital would have to. They said they don't do that either and got my doctor's office on the phone. Finally they got it all worked out to have another hospital do it. I told them I thought I might have an infection and sure enough...when the nurse saw it she felt so bad for me and said removing the staples was going to hurt bad. It actually wasn't too bad though. After that, I had to go to my doctor's office to have them look at it and give me an antibiotic.  They also told me to have hot baths as often and as long as I could and to pour hydrogen peroxide on it. Lovely. How am I supposed to do that with 4 other kids??? So I was kind of a wreck and Shawn stayed home the rest of the week cuz my mom had to leave the next day. It finally was starting to clear up and Shawn went back to work when I got a fever. I still don't know where that came from. And then I got a yeast infection from the antibiotics...they said that could be a side-effect. It just felt like I couldn't catch a break.

7 comments:

Kris said...

You poor thing! I can't imagine dealing with all of that being sleep deprived and taking care of four kiddos! I hope things start looking up for you!

Darci said...

Oh my gosh I am so sorry. What a hard first couple of weeks. Good thing he is so stinkin' adorable.

Tooele Brezoff said...

I am so sorry about the infection, Right after i had Nathan I got a kidney infection and wanted to die. Nixon is trashing my house so I feel your pain. Wish I were closer I would kidnap your kids, so you could get some rest!

Tara said...

Whew!! I wish I could come and grab all those girls and take them for the day and let you sleep with your baby!!! And I hope it gets better fast (all of it - Cambree, sharpie, infection...) :) Good luck!!! It has to get easier!!! Thanks for posting the pics - your family is just beautiful, and Easton is perfection.

meyerstwins.blogspot.com said...

He is so darling. Im sorry bout the rough go with the infection. Looking at your pics makes me excited for my baby to come (and nervous!)

esperanza said...

Oh! Sad about the infection. And I want to come see the baby after I get over being sick with a-drag-on-forever-cold. :)

Tiffany said...

Geez, I didn't know you got a yeast infection too! That's not fun.