Sunday, October 23, 2011

A Baby Story-Easton

I finally got the hospital pictures from my SIL so I need to blog all about the hospital. I have a horrible memory already and I'm sure I've already forgotten things...probably better for you so it will be shorter!
Anyway, we got to the hospital at 5:30 a.m. I was painfully waddling into the doors and so thankful that I didn't have to be pregnant too much longer...so not like me! I got all hooked up to monitors and prepped for the C-section. My IV took 3 pokes...so NOT fun! Later, I had to get my blood drawn. That took 2 pokes. I looked like a druggie with pokes and bruises.
I went to the OR room and they were getting me all ready for the spinal block. Just before the needle went in, they got a call from my doctor. He had to go deliver a baby at another hospital. Whew! That was just in time! Otherwise, I'd have to lay on the OR table completely numb. So I walked back to the room to wait. We only waited a 1/2 hour. He was fast!
So I finally go back to the OR and get everything going again. It all went really well. I didn't even get nauseous at all, which was a first. The doctors were pushing on me really hard to get him out (just like with Brinley) and he came out screaming! They all said he was big and had a big head. That would be a Hancock! He was perfect though and everything went well.
Checking all his vitals in the Nursery. I wasn't there for all that but Shawn was. It took them a few minutes longer to bring him out to me. They said his body temperature took a little longer to bring back up.
I love how excited they are to see the baby!
Cambree could not keep her hands off him. She LOVES babies!
A family of 6!! I feel like that's a HUGE family!
I still can't believe all his hair!! The nurses would comment about how they see dark hair a lot but not his color. It kinda looks like he has highlights. It's also curly when it's wet. So cute!









My mom watched the girls the whole time I was gone. She is THE BEST!!
Since I was in the hospital for 4 days, we had some visitors! My sister, my brother and his family, Nicole came to visit and both Grandmas came and Grandpa Hancock. My mom brought the girls again (minus Brinley cuz she was at school). This time Sadie wanted to hold him. I LOVED that! It was so cute! My baby holding my baby.
I LOVE staying at the hospital as long as I can. It gives me the opportunity to get to know this little guy and to recover without making dinner and taking care of the kids. The nurses were great and I really enjoyed being there. We did have a bit of a rough patch with Easton, though. I always send him to the nursery at night (cuz you can't do that at home!) and in the morning the nurses commented on how fussy he was. They would feed him (I do both-nurse and formula) and he would still be fussy. So we tried a different formula, one that's for fussy babies and that worked. He hardly spit up and he was content. Whew! I was really nervous I was going to have a hard baby. The nurses were so worried that they were going to have a NICU nurse come in and try and figure out what's wrong with him.
Anyway, things were good. We watched 2 sessions of General Conference on Saturday and then went home that evening. The doctor (not my doctor but the one that helped with the surgery) didn't feel comfortable taking my staples out yet but said I could get them out at my doctor's office on Monday. More on that later.
So here's Easton all ready to go home...in real clothes! He looked so handsome! This was a 0-3 Month outfit and fit him perfect. I thought it would be too big, but it looks like he'll grow out of it too fast!
Going home! He did great the whole way home until about the last 5 minutes. It seems like if he's awake, he's hungry!

No comments: