Tuesday, September 13, 2011

We've Got a 2 Year Old in the House

Sadie is 2 (as of August 28th)!! And she's great at getting her way all. the. time. I have such a hard time saying no to her...especially cuz she has quite the scream. Shawn says we baby her way too much so we need to get her toughened up. That's one of his pet-peeves. Lovely. But it's hard to do that when she still doesn't talk really well or understand us really well. But she IS spoiled so we need to take care of that before child #4 makes an entrance. Otherwise, she's going to have a very rude awakening.

For her birthday I really didn't put much thought into it. I'm tired. And hot. But I decided on a ladybug theme a few days beforehand since she loves bugs and isn't scared of them and usually squishes them. :) Her birthday was on a Sunday. My friend told me that when they sang to her in Nursery and said her name she put her hands on her cheeks and gasped. How cute is that?
So after church, we just had some family over for dinner and cake...I forgot the ice cream! My brain is really going. Shawn did the cake. I gave him the idea and bought and baked the cake...he does the rest. He's awesome at it! Especially because he's a perfectionist. Sadie couldn't wait to dig into it!
I love a man in a feminine apron. :)
She got some fun toys and played with them for hours and they aren't annoying. Score! Last year I bought the most annoying lawn mower toy. It's WAY too loud!
Here she is playing with her cousin.
She had a lot of fun opening the presents. She caught on to what she was supposed to do this year.
Happy Birthday, Sadie. You are such a special girl and we are so happy you are in our family. We love you and can't wait to find out the new things you will do this year!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Wow, way to go Shawn! That is one awesome cake! I might have to use that idea for Piper's birthday . . . Happy Birthday Sadie! I think it might take more than a month to get over the spoiled part though :)oh and we have that same lawn mower too, its the worst!

Angie said...

Go Shawn! That ladybug cake is really great! And it does take a true man to unabashedly wear a feminine apron.