Monday, September 26, 2011

One Last Hoorah!

I don't know why I always get this way, but I feel like I have to fit all this stuff in before a baby comes. But I do! My life gets put on hold for a while so the few weeks before the baby comes I'm trying to get things done and do things.

-Shawn and I went on one last date about 2 weeks ago. We went out to our favorite Thai restaurant and then we went a movie. We saw Contagion. Pretty interesting and made you think about what life could really be like if there was virus outbreak. Then we got some smoothies and Roxberry. Yum! I just love going out with my man!
-I'm getting all my shopping done for the baby and for Cambree's birthday. We had her party this weekend since her birthday is right after I have the baby. That wouldn't work so well. So she's having it about 2 weeks early.
-We've had to rearrange the whole house it feels like. And that just happened 3 weekends ago. We moved Cambree down to share with Brinley. It's going ok so far...better than I had thought. Sadie is now in Cambree's room and then the baby is going to have Sadie's room. I hope that doesn't cause any jealous feelings. I wanted to do it sooner but it just didn't happen. The baby's room still looks girly even though it's green. My nephew asked why flowers were still on the wall. Sigh. I just don't have any motivation or stuff to decorate and it isn't too fun to shop at this point in my pregnancy.
-Last weekend I went up to my Aunt's cabin for a scrapbooking weekend. Shawn even took a day off work so I could go up longer. We do it every year and this year my sister from Arizona even came up for it all by herself with a nursing baby! She's quite the woman. We had great time even though my back and bum didn't appreciate all that sitting. Thank goodness for the hot tub!
-Just last week I FINALLY got done with all my photo editing (minus Sadie's). Whew! That took a lot longer than I had hoped. So check my photo blog a lot this week. It needs some love.

Man! Can I tell you how hard this pregnancy has been???  I don't know if it's cuz it's a boy or if it's cuz I'm 31, but it has been different and difficult. I'm usually the happiest and best pregnant person I know, but this time around has just plain sucked. It all started with my back going out right when I found out I was pregnant. It got better and I was doing good until about a month ago. I actually have had Braxton Hicks contractions this time around. I've NEVER had them before! Now I KINDA know what women are going through and what all this complaining is about. I've usually never felt ready to have the baby but this time around I am! I have to go to the bathroom ALL THE TIME!! I'm definitely carrying him lower so maybe that's part of it too.
The other part of it is mental. I'm SO NOT READY for a new baby. I cannot sleep at night sometimes. Not because I'm uncomfortable but because I keep thinking of all the things I need to do and then I picture what it will be like to have a new baby and I get all anxious and nervous with butterflies and sweating. I can't believe I will be holding my new baby in just a few days. It's so blows my mind. Everyone tells me it will all just fall into place and it will feel right. I sure hope so. I also hope Sadie doesn't have too hard of a time with him.
Whew! Sorry for all the complaining but I need to write this down since I've never had this happen to me before. I am excited that it's a boy and we can have him in our family. Things that I never thought would happen are falling into place. I do know it's right, but I'm still questioning the Lord's timing. I guess we'll just find out!
At least we know he will be a cutie! Here are more surprises on my camera. My girls love taking pictures of Sadie. :)
I love this! Sheer joy on her face and being found in the pantry...and don't judge the unorganization of it. :)
This one and the next one I took. I love how it shows the way she wore her sling. Didn't seem to help much.

1 comment:

Little Old Me said...

First of all, I think it's totally normal for you to feel unsettled about things. You didn't plan this baby and that's bound to make things feel a little out of control. But I know that you will find your way through and you will fall in love with that baby boy, no doubt about it. Have you considered getting a blessing? I think that would be your mind at ease and help you to feel more peaceful about the changes. Wish I could come and makeover your nursery, that's my favorite! love ya Missy, you'll do great! (and p.s. I always look at the photo blog, I've just been super busy with john being sick. but you know i love all of your photos. you're a pro :)