Thursday, September 8, 2011

Happy 10 Year to Us!!

Wow. I still can't believe I've been married to the man of my dreams for 10 years! It's been THE best to be married to him. I still can't believe how lucky I am that he stuck with me after putting him through 2 break-ups. I think I'm stuck with him for eternity. ;) There seems to be some things that you really didn't know until you get married. No. 1-how great of a dad he is. Who would ever know that unless you had kids already? He is a WONDERFUL father to his girls and they just ADORE him. It's so fun to see the girls, and now Sadie, greet him when he comes home from work. I also didn't know he liked to cook so much (bonus!) and how much he LOVES BYU sports (not really a bonus). There wasn't even a TV in his apartment and then when we got married, he was glued to the thing! The rest I pretty much knew especially how patient he is. I think I caught onto that after waiting for me to come around. I also knew he wasn't a big spender and money problems in a marriage can cause problems! He lived off tuna sandwiches and tomatoes for lunch everyday and seriously needed new clothes when I met him. :)
We were in Zion's on our anniversary at the beginning of August, so we celebrated it later in the month. I REALLY wanted to go on a cruise this year BUT we got a surprise and were pregnant instead! So that changed plans a little but we were able to go to dinner and stay at a Bed and Breakfast in Salt Lake while my mom watched the kids. That is always nice to have a night without kids.
Anyway, here's a little trip down memory lane. How cute (and thin) were we back then??!!
He sang to me at a ward talent show. We barely knew each other. Pretty gutsy! And I thought, "there go my chances of going out with any other guys in the ward!"
Played baseball for BYU. Uh-huh! 'Nuf said. ;)
This one is just cute and I remember he used to fake-smile like that in photos...he doesn't really do that anymore.
Our engagement pictures...yeah, we are HOT!
Our honeymoon in Mendicino. We had a nice condo right on the beach.
I tell ya, if you can get through a cake fight like this at your wedding reception, your marriage will last. That's my philosophy. :) 10 years and going strong!

7 comments:

Denise said...

So young! So cute! So happy! Congratulations!

Kelly said...

Love this! It brings me back to our college days! You guys were so cute then and so cute now plus a few more cuties. Congratulations!

esperanza said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad I was there to watch you two fall in love! It was so fun to talk to you when you came home from dates! :)

Tara said...

Congratulations on 10 years - crazy how fast time flies!! I love the old pictures - you guys are darling. :) No wonder you make such cute kids! (can't wait to see the little man soon!!!)

Sant Family said...

I can't believe it's been ten years! Congrats you two! You are just as cute as can be!

Heather Curtis said...

I love it! Ha. Those pictures make me smile. You two are an amazing couple! And 10 years- sheesh! That doubles how long I've been married... that is pretty intense. You are beautiful and an amazing mom and wife. I have a lot to learn from you... that is why we have to keep hanging out and talking every once in awhile- it is getting more scarce.

Darci said...

You crack me up. I love this post. Happy 10 years! Congrats