Sunday, September 25, 2011

Baby Shower(s)

Yes, I was spoiled and got 2 baby showers. I have the best ward and they wanted to throw me a shower and then my family and friends wanted to throw me one too. I'm spoiled and I think everyone is excited for me to FINALLY have a boy! I can't wait to see what he will be and look like.
My first shower was my ward shower about a month ago. My visiting teachers put it all together. They are awesome! Lily is Chinese and wanted it at her house. She decorated in red and gold since those are Chinese lucky colors. She had lots of Chinese refreshments. There was a kind of cookie fruit bar dessert made out of rice flour so it was kind of chewy. Little candies that were kind of like fig newtons and an interesting drink made out of coconut milk and green and white jello-like things. Kind of fun! They also supplied some American desserts for those of us that like things sweeter. Everyone was so generous and the things I still needed were given like blankets, bibs, burp cloths, binkies, (everything that starts with a b I guess). I was so bummed I didn't take ANY pictures! I brought my camera but totally forgot! I'm sure I'll never have a Chinese Baby Shower again. :(
I made this invitation using my belly picture from Sadie's pregnancy. I'm sure it looks pretty much the same anyway. :)
 My family/friend shower just happened last week. I waited so long since I found out my sister was coming to town from AZ and I wanted her there. It was fun! We played games that my SIL, Lynnette, put together and Nicole went all out on the desserts and hosting it. It was a lot of fun! Thank you!!!
My mom made me this great crib blanket for the baby's room. My MIL, SIL and Nephew's wife got the bumper pads and crib sheets. Don't mind the risque bag...my SIL thought I wouldn't mind a shirtless man on a bag. ;)




This was a cute way to remember everyone that came.
LOVE the My First BYU book. It's so cute and a perfect gift for this family.        

1 comment:

Little Old Me said...

yay for good friends and fun showers! I feel good because I finally sent your package! There some new things and some things from our own little baby Grant. I hope you like them and I can't wait for your baby boy to come!