Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Swimming Lessons

Oh swimming lessons. It's a love/hate relationship. I love how my girls are swimming now and I don't really have to worry about them. I love going with our friends so I have someone to hang out with during that time. I hate that it's two long weeks every day...and sometimes it can be cold! Weird!
This year, I did the mom and me class with Sadie. She loves water too much and I knew I'd just be fighting her everyday to not get in the water. I talked my friend into doing it too. Sadie like it about 1/2 the time. She didn't understand what I was trying to get her to do so she's fight and scream. Her favorite thing was jumping off the edge into my arms. By the end, she also loved blowing bubbles and having me hold her on her belly in the water. Going down the big slide was a favorite too. It's just too bad I'm too tired and pregnant to do it too many times. :) That's a lot of "toos". Trying to get her on her back was a whole different story!
Brinley is my little fish and learned some new strokes like the butterfly, breast stroke, side stroke, and front/back crawl. I like what the teachers write about them. Here's what hers said, "Brinley has a great elementary backstroke. She is very good at swimming on her back. She needs to work on her front crawl side breathing." She didn't pass this level which she was devastated about. I think it's a hard level and she did great!
Cambree did awful last year because she had a boy teacher. Really?? Yup. She hardly wanted to get in the water last year because it was a boy. Luckily, this year she got a girl teacher. She did everything she said and passed the level! Here's what her teacher said, "Cambree! Wow! You were so much fun to have in my class! I can't believe how good you are at all our floats and your kicks look amazing! Make sure you keep those toes pointed and you bring your ice cream scoops up over your head! Keep swimming! :)"
They were lucky to be able to swim with their friends. Cute girls! Glad it's over!

2 comments:

meyerstwins.blogspot.com said...

I totally am with you on swim lessons. I love/hate it too! I cant believe you r hanging out at 7 peaks pregnant and all. You r awesome. How r you feeling?

esperanza said...

I have a friend who is 30 and can't swim - so it's worth it! :) Fun that you did a class with Sadie! :)