Sunday, June 26, 2011

Rock Star Party!!

For Brinley's 8 Year Old party, she wanted a Rock Star theme. This was perfect since she's totally into singing and music right now. I remembered a party that my sister's friend (who is a craft-genius) did for her girls and copied some of it.
We (mostly Shawn cuz he's the perfectionist!) made a guitar cake. It turned out pretty awesome and we used these instructions. We had party favors with candy, glow sticks, sunglasses, etc. I personally LOVED the feather, hot pink ribbon I found even though it was all over the place!






















When each friend came to the door, Brinley pretended to be a manager/security of some sort and passed out sunglasses and backstage passes. Now they were officially ready to party!
















After we had already planned the party, Shawn unexpectedly told me that he actually had to work. On a Saturday?? He was teaching a class at a Financial Aid Conference and didn't know he had to go to a meeting that day. Luckily, he was able to baptize Brinley that morning and have a family lunch and then he had to go. So I enlisted the help of my family to help clean up the big lunch we had and decorate for the party. My BFF even stayed to help out during the party. They were wonderful!! We had stars, balloons, and streamers hanging from the ceiling. My sister, Tiff, did it and it looked awesome! Then, my dad helped me figure out how to hang the curtains for the "stage" since I didn't want to do any permanent damage to my walls or ceiling. They hung on right until the very end and then they fell down. :)
Here they are all ready to PARTY!!
Brinley wanted to do a Bubble gum blowing contest so we worked that in...and I still wonder why she wanted to do it since she can't blow a bubble.
Then, we made a craft since all girls this age love to make crafts. They each made a microphone out of toilet paper rolls and aluminum foil (again, all these cool ideas are from my sister's friend's blog). I was ecstatic when I saw this awesome animal print duct tape! Of course most of the girls wanted both prints.
After the craft, we headed to the stage and they got their rock on! Brinley and I made a playlist of songs that kids her age would know...Miley Cyrus, Selena Gomez, Taylor Swift, etc. The girls had a blast singing and dancing. We also played Freeze Dance which is a huge hit. Then, we had cake and ice cream! It was a little nuts for a while (mostly cuz Sadie screamed her lovely high-pitched scream frequently thoughout the party), but the girls pretty much entertained themselves! ROCK ON!!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

What a fun idea! I'll have to remember this for the future! I can't believe your little Brinley is already 8! Where has the time gone. I remember seeing you guys in the hospital when she was born! I was just catching up on your blog too. What beautiful baptism pictures of her! What a special time for you guys. Oh and I can't get over how old Sadie is now. Next time we are up there we'll have to get together again. :)

jamie @ kreyv said...

I love that idea!

Helen Macfarlane said...

Emma had a great time at that party. She wouldn't let me throw out her backstage pass or her microphone. They have both been used many times since the party.

Could you send me a copy of that last picture? I love it!