Thursday, May 19, 2011

Ultrasound....

...yes, we had the ultrasound yesterday! I was really nervous for some reason. Of course, I was just hoping the baby would be healthy. But then I was just thinking all day about what my reaction would be pertaining to the gender. I thought maybe the baby wouldn't be in a good enough position to tell. But it was! Here's Shawn's reaction. Kinda hard to tell if he's excited/happy/or just trying to hold back the tears. Yeah, this man does not show emotion well.
Anyway, it's a..........................

BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I still can't believe it! Things are going to be so different. I'm so ready for that. Shawn said he could tell by the ultrasound that it was a boy before the technician said it. I asked her if she was positive and she said for sure!
When we found out, Brinley said she wanted to scream. Last time she wanted to cry. Cambree said, "Jesus wanted us to have a boy." Yes he did. We feel so blessed.
Afterwards, we always celebrate by picking out an outfit for the new baby. So instead of just one like we always do, we picked out 6! We're going to need them too! Oh boy! It was really fun and Shawn actually had a say in what we bought!

Then, we went out to dinner with the 2 older girls. Shawn didn't want to deal with Sadie so we asked my sister to watch her for an hour.


And here's cute Sadie eating her PB&J since she didn't go out with us. :)

16 comments:

Kelly said...

Yeah!!! I am so excited for you guys! Boys can be so much fun too and refreshing! I knew as soon as I saw Shawn's face that it was a boy. :)

Denise said...

Ha! I KNEW baseball was going to feature somewhere in the baby's wardrobe. From the looks of it, he's going to be a multi-sport letterman someday. Cute!

J and Company said...

I know you guys are thrilled and I'm so happy for you! Hopefully this will help you to feel even more peace about this baby coming unexpectedly, because obviously it was because your boy was just getting too impatient. :) I am so happy for you, so so happy!

esperanza said...

Congrats!!!!!!!

Darci said...

I'm so glad you are having a boy! That is so sweet what Cambree said. Congratulations!

tracie said...

We need to have a shower! Congrats.

Tooele Brezoff said...

Wonderful News!! Boys are super fun!! Congrats!!!

Rachel said...

How exciting! He'll definately be a well trained gentleman with those big sisters to keep him in line:)

Brynn P. said...

NOT FAIR!!!! NOT FAIR AT ALL!!! I'm trying to get over the complete envy I have inside of me so that I can congrat you. ;) CONGRATS!! That's so awesome! I really am slightly envious though!

Tawnie said...

Congrats. Did you go to Cafe Rio for dinner. It kind of looks like it? If so I am jealous. If not I am still jealous because you didn't have to make dinner and I did. Anyway, a boy will be fun.

Helen Macfarlane said...

EXCITING!! I'm doing a little dance for you! Can't wait to see what a boy version of your beautiful girls looks like! Thanks for sharing this fun news!!

carrie said...

I can't wait to see what your little guy looks like! He will have lots of little mommies to take care of him, so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

Hey Missy, It's Lindsay Child. I am missy-ing you! I am so happy you are having a boy! Please accept me virtual hugs for across the computer! You will be a great mother to a little boy just as you are to those cute girls!

Tara said...

Yay! I'm so excited for all of you!! Congratulations!

Brynn said...

Hooray for your little boy! I'm so happy that you get to have a little mommy's boy. It's so much fun.

Kellye said...

Congratulations! Boys are fun and exciting!