Friday, May 27, 2011

U2=Concert of a Lifetime!

Thanks for all the comments. I'm still trying to get used to the idea of thinking about having a boy. But we are all excited!
This week has been pretty crazy and I have some catching up to do, BUT I HAVE to blog about the U2 concert first!! I had just told Shawn probably last week that U2 would be THE concert to go to and that just maybe this tour would be their last. They're getting old! Going to their concert has been on my Bucket List and I just wished I could go. Well, Monday night Shawn surprised me with tickets!! He was able to get them from a girl at work that wanted better tickets and needed to sell these ones. Woot! Woot! So he brought them home and absentmindedly dropped them in the sink since he was putting his lunch dishes in the sink and the girls were jumping all over him welcoming him home from work. :) I got up from dinner and noticed some tickets in the sink. I asked what the tickets were and then saw "U2" on them and just screamed and cried! I blame the crying on the pregnancy hormones. :) Shawn was confused cuz he thought he left them in the car. He wanted to give me a card and video tape me and everything...but it didn't work out that way. He said it was an early birthday present which I gladly accepted. The other crazy thing was it was the next night! Whew!
So the next day, I was anxious and actually got sick to my stomach. So I took it really easy and napped and felt OK while driving up to SL to meet Shawn. I took Trax up to the U Campus, met Shawn and then we had dinner. Thankfully, my stomach was calming down and I was feeling better. We got to the stadium early and just took pictures and walked around. I was worried about the weather, but it turned out pretty perfect. The stage was a-mazing!!! It's the 360 tour so they performed on all sides. Lights were going on and off all over, the big screen stretched down at one point. It was REALLY amazing. I'm so happy I got to go! Check that one off of things to do before I die!

We took 3 pictures. All of them Shawn's eyes were 1/2 closed. He gets it from his mom. :)
I had to get a little closer. Too bad we didn't have General Admission tickets although I don't think I could stand that long. My belly is getting BIG!
The Fray opened for U2. They were SO GREAT live!
This is where the screen stretched down and went crazy with lights.
 Here's "It's a Beautiful Day". Love it!

video

4 comments:

tracie said...

So glad you had fun. You deserve it.

Amy Capps said...

Glad you had such a great time! And glad I found someone to take our tickets :)

Denise said...

You got to go? Lucky! I'm glad it didn't rain on you -- that was, like, the only night all month that was dry, lol.

Some bands are just meant to be heard in a stadium, and U2 is definitely one of them. I'm jealous, green green green. Sounds like a blast!

esperanza said...

Jealous! Lucky! :)