Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Conference Goals

General Conference was wonderful as always. Its tradition that we go to my parent's house for the whole weekend. We even worked it this year to celebrate Shawn's b-day (not until tomorrow) on Friday by going to dinner, a movie (Source Code...it was really good!), and staying at a cheap hotel while my mom kept the kids overnight. It was such a nice little getaway!
I got such a great picture of him blowing out his Bday candles!
Then, we came back to happy girls wearing each other's clothes (Cambree actually fit into Sadie's pants!), good food and family. There were also several talks that I needed to hear given my situation. I definitely will be working on a few things. We told Brinley she needed to watch at least one session. She chose Sunday morning and then watched all of Sunday afternoon too. By her own accord, she wrote down some conference goals. They are too cute not to share:
At first she wrote to keep the commandments for 2 weeks. Umm...we're supposed to always keep the commandments. So she changed it. I told her she needed to pick a few and work on them for a few weeks, so those are the circled ones. She is such a good girl.

7 comments:

tracie said...

I love the... go the extra mile. We all need to do this. Cute girl!

jamie @ kreyv said...

That is so cute!

Helen Macfarlane said...

This reminds me of the Saturday morning talk we heard about learning from little children. She summarizes everything so well! Be who you are. Do not say mean words. Follow God's plan. Love it!

esperanza said...

Oh!!!!!! Love this.

radmom said...

Great motivation for Rachel. I'm going to see if she'll make some goals, too. Hopefully she can come up with something this cute!

Angie said...

That's so cute! Thanks for sharing.

Sandi (mom) said...

I love my sweet Brinley. She is such a thinker! Thanks for posting this, Missy. Now I have it where I can see it & remember her Conference Goals. So cute!