Sunday, March 13, 2011

I just can't keep a secret for long...

Yeah, if anyone knows me they know I just can't keep a secret. Lots of people already know this but I thought I'd put it out there for blog world and for journal's sake. I'm pregnant. Yup. No exclamation this time. I'm only 10 weeks along but it's been a LONG 5 weeks that I've known.
Here's the story. It all started with an IUD that failed. Yup. It somehow got out-of-place. Then, I was late...then I started getting tired, hungry, and my skin was more oily. I just thought I was going to start any day, but I had a slight suspicion. So I bought a pregnancy test. Right way, it read PREGNANT. I was so not ready to be pregnant. I haven't lost the baby weight from Sadie for one. Anyway, I called my Dr. and they said to get a blood test ASAP. I've heard horror stories about women getting pregnant with IUDs and didn't want it the affect the baby, so I got my neighbor to watch my girls and hurried to the clinic. Another test...positive. Then, I went in for an ultrasound to see where the IUD was. Luckily, it was far away from the embryo sac so this was like any other pregnancy. The doctor had already left for the day so I got an appointment to come in the next day to get it removed. (Yeah. SO many doctor's appointments! This was all happening when Sadie had RSV so I was at some kind of doctor's visit every week and sometimes a few time during the week. It's still the case because Sadie got another ear infection and will have to have tubes. Ugh. Anyway, that's another post.) It was funny cuz before he took it out he cautioned me that it would be ineffective right away. I said, "Did you miss the memo that I'm already pregnant?" So that was funny and he said his wife got pregnant with and IUD and he thought he was THE MAN!! Too funny.
So I'm 2 in 100 women that get pregnant with an IUD...seems kind of high. Well I still wasn't 100% convinced of actually being pregnant. It was too early to get a heartbeat so they scheduled me to have another ultrasound in a week. The appointment came and there was the heartbeat and the little bean moving around. It's final. I'm pregnant. Shawn, of course, was excited. He wants as many kids as possible. I'm still having a hard time with it. I feel so bad for even saying it since I know of so many women out there that would love to have just one of their own. I knew I did want another child but just not this quickly. I had just told my mom that I felt like I had my life in control and that things were going smoothly. I felt like I could handle more...I got it! Careful what you say!
It's been really hard just being pregnant. With all my other pregnancies, it took a few months and I was preparing and so excited when it did happen. This time there was no preparation and I was not ready. I tell Shawn all the time how hungry and tired and sick I am. I actually was sicker this time around but still nothing to complain about. I never thought we'd have a surprise baby. But probably the biggest thing on my mind is how close Sadie and this baby will be. My due date is October 8th. So they will be 2 years and 1 month apart. I know! At least they aren't 14 months apart like my sister and I! But still...I'm not one of those people that can handle this closeness in age. I'm more on the 3 year plan. :) Sadie still isn't even sleeping through the night. I'm not ready to move her into a crib probably even when the baby comes. She's my neediest child and needs me ALL the time! So, yeah, I'm scared but I also know it was DEFINITELY supposed to happen and this baby is coming to us when its supposed to.
So there you have it! I'm sure I'll still be slow at blogging since I feel very unmotivated right now. Shawn really has stepped up and done A LOT of extra stuff like dishes, kids, cleaning up toys, etc. Usually he doesn't even notice that stuff but he's taking notice and helping out a lot more. He's so great.
And because we need some happy news and a picture, my baby sister just got engaged on Wednesday. She's getting married in a month! So we did her engagement pictures on Thursday. This is the one she's going to use on her announcement (I hope I'm not blowing the surprise.). The others I'm still editing. It was a cute session at Trolley Square with suspenders and suitcases. So cute!! She's marrying a great guy and we're all so happy for her!

23 comments:

Gabrielle said...

I am sorry- that you are having a hard time, but I am am excited for you! Good thing it takes 9 months huh? By then, I am sure, you will be ready for HIM (?) to come! Good luck!

Brynn said...

Hey Congrats! I wish I could get preg on my iud. That's my only hope for another.

meyerstwins.blogspot.com said...

Congrats! That is awesome. And so crazy. Don't feel bad about how you feel- that's just how it goes sometimes. And it'll be exciting when it does happen-it is just a good thing that pregnancy takes forever. Hope you get feeling better!
I too just got back my blog book- but I only did 2010. Im trying to gear up to do the other years. Did it take you a long time?
Hope all is well. Hang in there!

Jordyn said...

Missy, the baby's due date is my birthday! How cool would that be to have a younger cousin with the same birthday as you!

tracie said...

Yea! Finally you told. I was dying. I am so excited for you.

J and Company said...

Holy cow Missy, that is pretty much amazing. I have to admit I'm excited for you, but I can't imagine having a surprise baby either. I think it would probably take me a while to get used to the idea. But of course you are right that this baby is obviously meant to be in your family and I am so excited for you. Can't wait to find out what you're having!

Kierstin said...

Congrats!! I am so happy for you guys. 25 months is great. It is less than that, like 19 months for me, that was a challenge. You'll do great.

Tara said...

congrats, Missy!!!! #4?! Weren't we just in college? I'm still trying to figure out what's been going on the last 10 years.... :) Anyway, I wish you the best of luck w/ the pregnancy & all of that - Sadie is going to be the cutest (LITTLE) big sister! :)

Amy said...

I'm way excited for you and Shawn! We're sending BOY vibes your way!

christina said...

Congratulations to the Hancock family - exciting news!

Kris said...

Congratulations! My kids are 2 years 3 months apart and it isn't too bad. 2 year olds are old enough to understand that you need to feed the baby and such. It's taken my daughter a few weeks to adjust(and she is VERY needy as well), but she's doing much better now. Good luck with everything!

esperanza said...

Congrats Missy! :) Well, guess someone wants another baby in your home...haha, maybe it's a boy this time? And he just had to come now?

Congrats to your sister too, cute guy.

Kellye said...

Missy,

Congratulations! I'm very happy for you. I hope things go well, I know having children can be a struggle sometimes, but somehow it always works out. You are a great mom, so I'm sure this baby is very excited to be in your cute family!

Melanie said...

Congrats! I am so Happy for you guys that's so Awsome!

Kim and Cory said...

Congrats Missy! My sister got pregnant on her IUD too and she already had four kids. Sometimes I think they're just meant to come :)

Sant Family said...

Congratulations! Rachel and Ben are 15 months apart, then 3 1/2 years, then Sari and Daniel are 16 months apart, then almost 4 years. Joseph and Matthew were just over 2 years apart. I was really worried about Joseph because he was such a mama's boy. He still is. It worked out. There are advantages and disadvantages to all the spacings. And remember, you still have almost a year before this baby (I'm predicting a boy) will be arriving. Sadie will be different and you have a lot of time to make adjustments.

I hope you feel better soon!

Amber said...

Oh Missy! I'm excited for you, even though I definitely know how the "surprise" factor can throw you for a loop!
I finally have a three year gap this time, and I think there are definite plusses and minuses to both. Closer together is harder in some ways- but easier in others.
I hope you get feeling better soon- let me know if I can help you with anything!

Katie said...

by the blog title I was sure you going to say you were preggo then thought no she is just teasing with the tittle of the post. NOPE!!! CONGRATS!!!!! I am excited for you. You are a great mom and will do fine with 4 even if they are only 2 years apart!

Catrina said...

Congratulations! I, as a fellow IUD user, am a little bit scared of this prospect for myself, as I have only known 1 other person (now 2) that have gotten pregnant with an IUD... Now, I am a little less confident... Sorry to hear that you are sick already... I hope this clears up for you very soon!!!

Sandi (mom) said...

Yea!!! We're excited for another darling Hancock to join the flock!!! You guys have such cuties! Ready or not...here (s)he comes!!!

Kelly said...

Yeah Missy! So exciting! Congratulations! It will be great! I am hoping for a boy this time though :)

Mel said...

Holy Cow!!! I need to read more often!!! You are pregnant?! All this wedding stuff must be driving you bonkers! You have so many other things on your plate. So sorry. Now you have me stressed about my IUD! Well, it will be a blessing in the long run, but I'm sorry it was so unexpected for you. Congrats nonetheless.

the WINTERS family! said...

Missy, been there, done that. Only mine were 14 months apart. The surprise was, she was the easiest baby and child! Maybe you'll be as lucky. You'll be able to handle it just fine, I'm sure! Try to be positive about it, your feelings will rub off on the baby (or so I've heard). Congratulations, you have beautiful and sweet girls!