Sunday, February 13, 2011

Tracy Aviary

So I guess I'm back to my regular posting? Things are ALMOST back to normal here.
Back in January, it was a nice Saturday and we needed to get out. After the craziness of Christmas, things just seem to slow down...too much. So we took the girls to the Tracy Aviary. We hadn't been there since Brinley was little and it's changed and definitely for the better! They had more birds and more exhibits. Unfortunately, we came when all the shows and feedings had already happened...so there was none of that.
Sadie REALLY wanted to touch that goose. I'm just glad it didn't nip her.



Ha! Here I am!
Shawn was there too. Brinley was obsessed with the map.
It was too muddy to let Sadie get out for the picture. I know. We're lame that way.
I loved this bird's red eyes.
Flamingos are my fav.
The peacocks were struttin' their stuff showing off for the ladies.
Brinley wanted a picture with her favorite, the Toucan.
I loved how all the ducks were lined up ready to jump in.
Good times. They're making an Owl Forest so that might be fun to check out in the summer. I still need to get out more. This weather's gettin' to me. But it's supposed to be 50 tomorrow!! I can't believe it!

4 comments:

J and Company said...

Glad you guys are getting back to normal at your house too! Sick kids is definitely my least favorite thing. The Aviary looks like fun (but cold, I felt like shivering just looking!). I think I am getting wimpy living in the South without any snow now. (and your girls look so big. It feels like forever since I've seen you guys, sad!)

Helen Macfarlane said...

You inspire me.

Angie said...

All those little ducks in a row...pretty cute. That looks like fun...we should visit Tracy Aviary the next time we're in Utah. The kids would love it!

Angie said...

All those little ducks in a row...pretty cute. That looks like fun...we should visit Tracy Aviary the next time we're in Utah. The kids would love it!