Monday, January 31, 2011

Blah

Friday morning I made an appointment to take Sadie in for a suspected ear infection. Her appointment was at 2:00 and by then she was coughing and wheezing and having a hard time breathing. I couldn't believe how fast it came on! She at a 103 temperature at the doctor's and her breathing levels were just barely above the mark or she would've been hospitalized. She had a double ear infection (she always gets that when she's teething). She was lethargic and hadn't eaten anything all day, except a bottle. So at least she wasn't dehydrated. It's so sad to have my 1 year old just laying on me and not wanting to move. They gave her some steroids to loosen things up, some Motrin, and 2 nebulizer treatments. She was off my lap and playing! Her breathing levels still were about the same but the doctor was encouraged that she was at least moving around. We think it's RSV but she hasn't been tested, but I really think it is. It could also be the flu. Who knows? I just hope she gets back to being herself soon. She HATES taking any of the medicines. She's gotten so smart that she tries not to cry cuz she knows that's when Shawn slips it in.
We went back to the doctor's today and it seems like she's getting better. We just need to up her nebulizer treatments and keep going with all the other meds. She'll probably be better in about a week they said. I hope so!
I seem to be the only one that has had my A-game. Everyone else has had a sick stomach...Cambree threw-up, at least she made it to the toilet this time. :)

3 comments:

tracie said...

That sucks! I'm sorry. I know how it is, Bryon had to hold down Nixon while I poured the medicine down. It is not fun. Glad she is doing better. We need to go play when all this sickness is over.

Helen Macfarlane said...

I'm so, so sorry. Sweet little things! I'm so glad she didn't have to go to the hospital and that you caught it in time. Blah is right!!

MyKel said...

sick kids are so hard! hope they all get better soon.