Monday, December 20, 2010

Temple Square Lights

Whew! This weekend was a bit crazy with my family over (off and on) from Thursday-Sunday. I hosted a lot of meals but it's always fun to get together. I don't mind! We also had a BYU bowl game party. Glad we won!
We went downtown with most of my family to see the lights on Temple Square on Saturday. It was busy being that it was the David Archuleta/Tabernacle Choir concert (bummer I didn't get tickets) and the Saturday before Christmas...so it was a little hard staying all together but we managed. I dressed the girls really warm...too warm in fact. They complained they were too hot. I just can't win. Other years they've been too cold. Oh well. The different Nativities around the world were a new thing to me...or they just moved them. That was a hit with my girls.
Here's the group! I guess I didn't get the memo to go BEHIND my husband.
Brinley was mad at Cambree for this one...but I wanted to get a shot of the temple. Oh well.
All better!
This year the girls actually listened to the whole Nativity. It was so nice. They are growing up! ;)
This was the end of the night. Sadie wasn't wanting to sit still AT ALL! Not even for the nice picture I wanted of all my girls. Notice the ever-so-famous throw the arms in the air to slide down and get out. :)
Shawn was D-O-N-E with me taking pictures. Can you tell?

5 comments:

J and Company said...

I love Temple Square at Christmas, no matter if it is the same every year. I just love the atmosphere and being together as a family! My favorite is Sadie with her arms thrown up trying to get down, how do kids figure out how to do that so young?? :)

MyKel said...

looks like a fun trip! I love the lights and the temple. great shot!

meyerstwins.blogspot.com said...

Oh so beautiful. Ineed to get up there this time of year for that. I was laughing so hard at the crying Santa pics. So typical and cute. Hope you have a Merry Christmas!

esperanza said...

I love temple square at Christmas time - a tradition I never get tired of! This year I had a cute date too. :) Merry Christmas!

esperanza said...

I love temple square at Christmas time - a tradition I never get tired of! This year I had a cute date too. :) Merry Christmas!