Thursday, December 2, 2010

Much to Be Thankful For

Well I guess it all started with Brinley wanting to have a party. I said she could have one if she planned it all herself and could only invite 5 friends. So she went right to it making invitations on the computer and planning her party. She decided to do an Indian theme. They made Indian headresses, sang "One Little, Two Little, Three Little Indians", ate "haystacks", played "Find the Indian" (Sardines), and Freeze dance. They all had a good time. Brinley's quite the party planner.
For Thanksgiving we planned on going to my parents' house. We were going to go on Wednesday but they said it was going to be a mother of a storm and even closed the U early. So I got Brinley out of school early, picked up Shawn and went to Tooele a day early. Turns out, the storm wasn't bad at all. Oh well.
The next day, our friend Donell came over to scrapbook while my mom prepared the Thanksgiving dinner. It wasn't supposed to be that way but she was fine preparing while we scrapped and talked.
Thanksgiving day was such a nice day. My grandma, Aunt & Uncle and some cousins joined us for Thanksgiving dinner. Oh, also my brother and his family and my sister and her new boyfriend were there. It was a full house. My mom is kinda cheesy and had everyone go around and say what they're thankful for. I'm glad she did it. Many things were said about health, safety, transportation, BYU (gee? I wonder who said that?) technology...but mostly family. That's for sure the most important.
Brinley made this turkey at school. I love that she said she is thankful for her glasses.
And here's Cambree at her Preschool Thanksgiving Feast
We played some games and then checked out the ads to make our plan of action for shopping the next day. Shawn and I got up at 3am so we could be in SL by 4am. We didn't have anything too big to buy but it's always fun to be out in the crazy crowds and have Christmas shopping almost done by 8:30am!
When we got back, Shawn and I crashed. Then, most of us went to see the movie "Tangled". My girls have been looking forward to seeing that movie. Very cute show!
After that, we packed up and headed home. Saturday we had a packed day with the Hancocks. We went to Shawn's brother's house to watch the BYU vs. Utah game. Good game. Bad call is all I will say. Then, we went to Shawn's parent's house for a soup and salad dinner. That's our Hancock Thanksgiving dinner...always a few days late. :)
We had a great week filled with family and fun. Sunday, we put up our Christmas decorations. Brinley went around taking pictures of everything.
 And a few that I took:
He's so serious when he decorates...almost like me saying, "Don't! You're going to break it!" Yeah, Christmas with Sadie will be interesting. She's already been knocked in the head with my stocking holders.
Cambree's trying her best with her cast on still! 2 more weeks!

4 comments:

J and Company said...

That's pretty much adorable that Brinley planned her own party. Not that I'm surprised, you always have pretty awesome parties yourself, so I guess she's learning from one of the best! Sounds like a nice relaxing (minus getting up early black friday) thanksgiving. and p.s. I got a package today and it MADE my day. The outfit was so cute and was totally unexpected and so nice of you. Thank you, you're the best!

Helen Macfarlane said...

That was so LAME! jk of course

It IS lame that Emma didn't make the party picture. Such are the perils of piano lessons.

I love your decorating photos! Lovely. Will you take some at the ornament exchange? And the book exchange? And . . . jk

Gabrielle said...

What a smart little cookie! an indian party sounds like a blast!

Angie said...

It's awesome that Brinley planned that party all on her own. What a great thing!
I'm glad to hear you had a great Thanksgiving weekend. I still can't believe you enjoy Black Friday...I can't stand the crowds. Oh, well. To each his own. ;)