Saturday, November 6, 2010

Good Luck or Bad Luck?

I've been meaning to post this for some time now. I just kept forgetting and it's kind of a long story.
Shawn and I went out on a date to Blue Lemon for dinner. We'd never been there before and had a gift certificate and heard it was good so we tried it out. We ordered and sat down to wait for our food. We talked and watched the BYU game that was playing there forgetting about how long our food was taking. I noticed that the people before us got their food and the people who ordered after us got their food. We asked the waitress about our food and she said she'd check it out. So we waited. The girl never got back to us so we asked another waitress. She checked on it and came right back. She said the chef totally missed it for some reason and that we'd get our food for free. We waited about 40 minutes for our food, but Shawn said it was totally worth it. Now if we had crying kids it might not be.
THE NEXT DAY, we went to Burger King for breakfast before we headed out to my parents' house for General Conference weekend. Shawn wanted to use a bunch of coupons (yeah, he's CHEAP or smart) so he went through the drive-thru and my sister and I went inside. The drive-thru was SO LONG I thought for sure we'd be eating our meals inside waiting for him to get done. WRONG! We waited 45 minutes to get our breakfast!!! Shawn was done LONG before we were. When we asked why it was taking so long they said they didn't know. It was lame. Fast food wasn't so fast.
Cambree's Birthday. We went to Pirate Island. We joked with my brother and his wife about all the bad luck we've been having at restaurants and how that might be the case again. It was taking a little while and we hadn't heard or seen our waitress. Finally after about a 1/2 hour they said the kitchen has been getting all mixed up so we could get free drinks. Good. Then, my brother gets his pizza. They ordered AFTER us. Finally an hour since we had been seated, our food came. They gave us probably 75 free tokens for the wait. Good thing they had an arcade there to entertain the kids since the wait was so long.
Luckily, that was the end of our luck...good or bad. :) Shawn says they were all worth it (minus the Burger King cuz all we got was an apology). I think so. What do you think?

3 comments:

Helen Macfarlane said...

Sometimes I get so frustrated with eating out and all the mistakes! I'm such a snob!! But then, hello, I should just quit being so lazy and eat at home if I don't like it!

In this case, I think it was good luck. Good luck that you didn't have your kids with you at the blue lemon (which is always good luck), and good luck the kids weren't too bugged about the pizza. Yeehaw!

chrissy said...

a little good, a little bad. i'd say your luck evened out! one thing's for sure, really good luck once in a while can make up for the crappy luck (or service) sometimes!

esperanza said...

Wow, you are probably a lot more patient than me - because I think I would have lost my marbles and my temper very quickly on every occasion! :) Yay for free stuff - I guess see how your second time around at any of those places might be. :)