Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Caramel Apples

I think I need to switch things up a bit. This is starting to sound like "a day in the life of Cambree" instead of a family blog. And there's no better way to switch it up than to talk about me and my cooking skillz...which I have none.
This year I was determined to make caramel apples. I've never done them before and wanted to make them just like Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. I even talked Nicole into doing it with me. I needed some support here and she said her neighbor told her the secret. We were all stoked about it and had all the yummy ingredients...but it just all went wrong! The caramel was too thick...the white chocolate too runny and when you ate them, they about broke your teeth! Oh well, we had fun...maybe I'll try in another 8 years.


 I REALLY didn't want all my hard work to go to waste so I tried microwaving them and that made them a little softer to try and eat. :)
Let me know if you have any secrets!

8 comments:

J and Company said...

That's so weird that your apples always turn out hard! I have never had that happen before. Hmm. Maybe you heat the caramels up too hot? They have to be melted over low temps. Otherwise I have no idea, that is really weird. I love caramel apples though, I don't blame you for giving it another shot (and at least they look pretty!) :)

Helen Macfarlane said...

That is SO stinkin' funny!! I love that you showed us and told us about it anyway. You are so much fun Missy. I want to be you.

MyKel said...

so funny! That would so happen to me!

Darci said...

That is too funny, mostly because this sounds like something that would happen to me. I am not much of a cook either but when I bake, something is always bound to go wrong! They look yummy!

tracie said...

They look yummy. That is all that counts...right?

esperanza said...

Yum! I love carmel apples. :)

Brynn said...

Don't feel too bad. We got "booed" with a caramel apple. When we went to eat it, the caramel was all in the bottom of the cello bag. It slid right off of the apple.

Angie said...

Oh, that just made me laugh so hard! Even if the apples were a disaster, at least you made it fun.