Friday, October 29, 2010

Fall Break

This year we didn't go anywhere for Fall Break...what am I even talking about? We never go anywhere for Fall Break.
So we slept in and then told the girls that if they did their jobs then we could go somewhere. Where do you want to go? Brinley said the canyon. Hmm...I was pleasantly surprised. That's a great idea and the leaves will be turning colors too so it should be nice.
After we did everything around the house and Sadie took a nap, we packed a picnic and went to the canyon. We ended up at the lake to eat. The girls threw rocks and the water and found some friends to play something with. The weather was awesome...not too cold and not too hot. It was one of those moments where I was thinking I'm the luckiest mom in the world and have the best job in the world...until Cambree peed her pants at little cuz she didn't want to use the hole-in-the-ground bathrooms. :)
Well, I still wanted to do one more little hike before we left. So we did. We found a little nature walk that had a pamphlet and we learned a few things about our canyon. I had Sadie in the backpack on my back and my shoulders were dying after just that short, little "hike". I don't know how Shawn does it. He must be buff. ;)
Had to get one pic of them all together. Definitely not the best.
 Nope! No hair was done today!
This is pretty much how Sadie reacts to Cambree all the time. I think she just smothers/carries her too much. She's SO over it.
 She likes Brinley a little better.
 Here we are on the trail with our pamphlets ready to learn something!
 
 We found a little ladybug.
 
It was such a good day. I don't even remember what we did on Friday or Saturday (good thing I blog semi-often!). I really enjoy having my girls home with my but they sure are ready to go back to school on Monday!

2 comments:

Helen Macfarlane said...

So cute, as always! Was that, by chance, Swinging Bridge nature trail? It's one of our favorites, even though there really is no swinging bridge.

Missy said...

Yes it was, Helen. Yeah, where the swinging bridge??