Sunday, August 1, 2010

Brinley's Piano Recital

I sure have some catching-up to do. I blame it all on these summer weddings! Let's get started. 
My sister Mandy is Brinley's piano teacher. We had a recital, back on the 11th, at our house so it was very low-key. And I'm super sad cuz she's getting married soon and moving to Ohio. I need to find a new piano teacher. Brinley has really caught on and is doing so well.
Mandy also has 2 other students. Shawn's sister's kids. So they came over for the recital too.
Brinley did 2 songs, a Primary Song "He Sent His Son", and "Ode to Joy". She did a great job.
Mandy also played a few songs which are always so nice to hear.

My nephew, Josh, played a Wash Day song and something else. I really should've kept the program. :)
My niece, Victoria, played "Waterfalls" by Jon Schmidt (VERY hard and fast!) and other song that I don't remember. They all did really well.  Maybe Victoria should be Brinley's piano teacher. ;)
Lastly, we got Shawn to play! Last year, he flat-out refused. This year, Mandy put it on the program making it all official. So he pulled something out of that memory of his and played part of a song. He never ceases to amaze me. And Brinley loved it.
Nice job, Mandy! We are SO going to miss you! You've got to come back when Nate's all done with Law School!!

2 comments:

J and Company said...

I wanted to see a video! I feel like Brinley's grandma saying that lol! That's so awesome that she was able to start learning the piano from her aunt, and you should definitely keep her going. Your girls are so lucky to have a mom like you, dance classes, piano, play groups. They will be renaissance women when they grow up!

Missy said...

I know I should, but I didn't think anyone would listen to it and I'm too lazy. :)