Friday, July 9, 2010

Timpanogas Caves

A few weeks ago we finally did it! We made it to the caves! Remember this post from the last time we tried? Our girls have been so excited to hike them ever since we moved here and this time we did it. The girls did great on the hike as usual. Our friends, the Healds, came with us too.
I love how everyone looks surprised. I guess the flash will do that to ya.
At first, Cambree kept asking if there were monsters in the caves. Then, she wondered about dinosaurs, or tigers or bears. Luckily, we didn't see any except for the Brontosaurus rock head.
Now, for a little story. Cambree went to the bathroom at the bottom of the trail before we started hiking. But with all the water she drank on the hike, she needed to go to the bathroom about 1/2 way through the cave tour. I told her she'd have to wait and that there were no bathrooms in the cave. The tour guide told me they had pee bags available if I really needed it. I tried distracting Cambree to hold her off for a bit but it didn't work. She had to go! So I asked to have a pee bag and we went ahead of the group a little ways and she peed a river! I was worried I'd need another bag! Nice. I'll never forget that experience!
Not even a week later at Shawn's softball game she had to go again! Again, no access to bathrooms so she went on a tree (and all over herself). I think I need to invest in some pee bags. Ugh.
 
All done!!
Sadie was still happy at the end of it all.

3 comments:

Maggie said...

Looks like everyone had fun! I love that hike and tour.

Your girls are sooo cute!

tracie said...

I am going to have to get me some of those pee bags.

Kelly said...

Sadie looks so cute in that last picture! What a fun time!