Friday, July 16, 2010

Swim Lessons

This year we did swim lessons with friends. This was really fun for me to have someone to talk to and fun for the girls. Cambree has always been my more cautious child and the first day didn't even want to get in the water. Way worse than last year. There was a substitute boy teacher and it was too deep. Those were her reasons. Finally, for the last 5 minutes of class, I was able to bribe/threaten/beg her to get into the water.  Oh boy. So the next day, I really talked it up and she was excited and the girl teacher was there. It took her a few minutes to warm up to the teacher but she did get in and was great the rest of the time. Whew! That girl can sure be so stubborn. I wonder where she gets that from?
My pictures are never very good of swimming lessons. I think I must be too tired/hot/watching Sadie that I just sit there and zoom in. Oh well.
Cambree's the one with short hair not facing me. Her friend, Brooklyn has the goggles on.
There's Brinley, clear over there with the teacher and the goggles!
I love having my girls in swim lessons, even though it's a rough 2 weeks schedule-wise. It helps me get a start on my tan for the summer, except I'm still so white you wouldn't know it! :)

3 comments:

Denise said...

We have the opposite problem with M -- she has no fear. She'll just jump right in, even though it's deep and she can't swim, and I swear she's gonna give me a heart attack. It's never easy, is it?!

Helen Macfarlane said...

I loved having Emma in lessons this summer too. She did two consecutive sessions. There was a one week break between them. I am SICK of going to the pool! But it has been great for Emma. At this very moment she is begging me to take her to the pool for an evening swim. NO! PLEASE! Can I just have ONE day where I don't drive to the pool?!

Katie said...

I forgot what the name of the action was again you used on your family pic. I tried looking at the coffee shop yesterday but didn't see one like it. Guess I better look again!