Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy Birthday to ME!

So Friday was my Birthday. My 30th to be exact. I don't know when I'll start feeling it, but I've already gave Sadie all my brains. I get words/names mixed up all the time now and that never happened before. Oh the woes...it only gets worse, I'm sure.
We had a pretty low-key day since I didn't know what Shawn had in the works. Even though I said it would be an awesome present if he could take the day off work, he couldn't. So me and the girls got Subway and had a picnic at our little park with a fun creek. It was nice.

For months I told Shawn I wanted a surprise party for my 30th birthday since I've never had a surprise party in my life and didn't think anyone could pull it off on me. He did NOT want to do that. I threw him one and he hated it. I even asked family and friends if they got invited to my surprise party. Everyone seemed like they didn't know what I was talking about so I was convinced Shawn wasn't going to do that. He wanted to surprise me with what we were doing so all he told me was to dress nice. So, he came home from work, the babysitter came over, and we went out to dinner at the Pizza Factory. One of my favs. We had a nice dinner and then we needed to head out to get to our next event. We get on the freeway and he looks around the car for a minute and says he can't believe he forgot the tickets. I thought, "Well that's typical". So we go back to the house and he runs in to get the "tickets". He comes back out and says, "You've gotta see what Cambree did. She wrote all over the walls with marker." I told him that it doesn't surprise me cuz she wrote all over her legs today with marker. So I follow him inside and everyone yells, "Surprise!" I couldn't believe that he tricked me! He did it! Most of my family and Shawn's were there and my BFF. It was great! We had cake, presents (which I got some pretty good ones and cards), and played games. It was really great. I have such a wonderful husband for listening to me and granting my wish!
Me and my cute dunce hat. :)
Nicole, you're next!!
Playing "Spoono". My SIL just foolin' around.
The next day I threw a baby shower for my sister-in-law, did a bridal shoot, and got a ticket for having an expired registration. At least it wasn't ON my birthday. I can't believe we didn't renew it back in October! I told you I'm loosing my brain!

12 comments:

J and Company said...

Good job Shawn, very sneaky! Looks like a fun party (you can't go wrong with lots of balloons and a cute birthday hat!). Happy Birthday Missy, you make 30 look good! :)

Jamie said...

Happy Birthday!!

Helen Macfarlane said...

Shawn, you sneaky little devil! GOOD JOB! I love it when a husband pulls through like that. True love.

Happy late birthday Missy. I had your birthday written on my calendar and everything and did nothing about it. Too busy with that Haiti garage sale. Glad to see it was a good day for you.

MyKel said...

Happy Birthday! Major points for the husband too!

meyerstwins.blogspot.com said...

I kept thinking about you all day...I am glad you had a fun birthday!! You are so cute! Your girls are getting so big!

Angie said...

Wow! What a party! And Shawn did a great job at keeping it secret. It looks like you had no idea!

PS--I've been meaning to call you...I just remember at the wrong times, like 10pm.

Happy Birthday!! Welcome to your 30s! It's really not that bad.

Katie said...

October??? That's funny! Glad you had an awesome birthday! Sorry for messing up your schedule book with scribble marks and dates blacked out!

Denise said...

Missy, I had every good intention in the world to come see you and drop something off for your birthday before I left town, but Friday was c-r-a-z-y trying to get the family packed and on the road, and I just didn't make it. I'm so sorry! But happy late bday!
Sounds like you had a great time, and I love that you actually got surprised. Awesome!

Kris said...

Go Shawn! Happy 30th!! The 30's are fantastic!

Andrea Brown said...

Happy Birthday!!! I'm glad that Shawn totally got you!!! Hope it was a good one. Sorry about the whole ticket!!

Missy said...

Thanks for all the birthday wishes. It was a blast!

Tara said...

Happy Birthday, Missy!!! And way to go Shawn for pulling off the surprise. I love seeing you and Nicole together in pictures - what a treat to have your best friend around! And I love to see the Utah spots in pictures (Bridal Veil looks gorgeous!) - makes me miss the college days!