Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Baby Model Anyone?

Well, I just can't hold it in any longer. Sadie did a photo shoot today! It was really amazing especially because the photographer is someone I've looked up to and love her style.
Here is how it all came about. I was looking at the said photographer's blog, when they posted that they needed babies between such and such ages. So I decided I had nothing to loose and submitted Sadie's picture. I didn't hear anything for a few weeks and then, BOOM! I got an email saying they wanted her AND they would pay her too! The only catch is that I needed to be available all day and it was Brinley's school dance festival. I would have to miss it. I asked my sister to come watch Cambree and go to Brinley's performance AND record it for me. Too bad she was sitting on the floor and couldn't even see Brinley. Oh well. At least someone was there for her. I still feel bad about that. I only have 3 kids and already I feel like I'm being pulled in all sorts of directions!
Anyway, today was the day and I was NERVOUS! What if she spit up all over? What if she hated the model that would be holding her (BTW, it was a shoot for baby slings)? What if she was tired? What if she has a blowout? What if, What if, What if? I just can't control her emotions like my other kids. Ugh. So I was such a basket-case this morning. And to top it all off, Sadie woke up early this morning and only had an hour nap and didn't sleep in the car on the way (it was in SL). I was ready for the worst. When I got there, they were very unorganized and Sadie didn't even do her shoot until 45 minutes later. She was a champ, though! She smiled and only cried a tiny bit. Everyone loved her and I do have to say, that she really was the cutest one there. :) The photographer said she wanted to take her home. Yeah, I got to talk to the photog for awhile. Me and her are now really tight. ;)
So it all turned out ok. I just wish I could've stayed longer when they went outside to shoot to see where her good spots are, but Sadie was d-o-n-e!
Here's the picture I submitted. Remember this one?
Sorry to sound so braggy, but this really was such an awesome thing for me to watch a pro photographer in action! I've never witnessed that before. :) I hope she remembers Sadie and wants her again. :)

10 comments:

Helen Macfarlane said...

Who could forget Sadie??

Sounds like it was awesome Missy. The first graders were adorable. But guess what? They'll be in dance festivals every May for the next five years! It's all good. (I can relate though. I had to miss most of Andrew's concert because I was at Emma's recital.)

Katie said...

That's awesome. I know the feeling needing to be places for everyone but it will all work out we just do the best we can! Sadie is such a cutie I love that picture!

Kris said...

How neat to be able to do something like that. Will you be able to post the pics on here?

esperanza said...

Wow! Very cool! :D

Missy said...

Her picture will be on a website, so when the site is up I'll let you all know!

Denise said...

I think that's awesome, and you are totally allowed bragging rights. Cool for you to see the photographer work, too. I've said all along that Sadie's a Gerber baby, so this doesn't surprise me in the least!

tracie said...

I am so jealous. I knew she would do great. She is a beautiful baby.

J and Company said...

Can't wait to see the pictures! She sure is a cutie, so I don't blame the photographer for thinking so too! I'm so glad she was good for them, I know you were really nervous! So did you learn any good tips from watching the photographer? So cool!

Angie said...

She sure is a doll. I can't wait to see the pictures! And the real deal!! Yay!!

Tara said...

Wahoo! How fun (and educational to boot!) Sadie is so stinkin' cute - I hope you can share the pictures when/if you get copies!