Sunday, April 25, 2010

First Grade Field Trip

For the first grade field trip, they were going to go to the zoo. The day Brinley found out, she called me during her lunch to tell me about it and to see if I'd be able to go. I told her I'd have to see about babysitting. I got things worked out with my mom and told her teacher I could do it, but there were too many parents that wanted to go so they did a drawing and my name didn't get picked. Oh well. Brinley was really sad. A few days later, I get a call from Brinley's teacher telling me I could go if I wanted but I'd have to drive or carpool with someone. I was pretty sure I'd be able to get someone or possibly my mom to watch my girls, but I had a hard time. Both my sisters couldn't, my sister-in-law couldn't, some neighbors that I tried couldn't, Shawn couldn't, a friend couldn't, my mother-in-law had surgery, and my mom had to quickly get out of something which she didn't think she could. So I just thought I wouldn't go, but when Brinley heard that I wasn't going she was SO SAD! She called Shawn begging and crying to him to stay home from work but he couldn't. Then she called my mom crying and begging her to come. Well, my mom cracked. She called and was luckily able to get out of her commitment and came here to watch Cambree and Sadie. She's so awesome! So things were very last-minute but it all worked out. I got to go!
And we had a great time! I just had to keep track of Brinley and 2 other girls while we were at the zoo. Piece of cake. Even the weather was a little iffy, but it rained at all the right times where we had covering.
Here are "my girls"!
 Momma & Baby...so cute!
 The tigers were up and at 'em! I've never seen them so active.
 This orangutan was so cute! He has his blankie that he walked around with and even went to the gate like he wanted out. He was also very personable.


























Brinley, I'm so glad I got to come along with you! I especially love that you WANTED me there. I hope you always want me around.

7 comments:

Denise said...

Ooh ooh ooh, the baby elephant!! I NEED to go see him. Her? Either way, how adorable is that?!

Next time give me a call! M would enjoy playing with C, if I'm home. Some days I can't do it, but you never know if you don't call. ;-)

tracie said...

I love it when they want to be with you. Hopefully it never changes. I know I like to be around you....ha...ha.

Helen Macfarlane said...

Aww. That was a fun day, wasn't it? The days are long but the years are short. Pretty soon a trip to the zoo won't be nearly as fun.

What fun things do you have planned for the summer?

Missy said...

Thanks, Tracie. I love hanging out with you too.
Helen, I'm planning on doing some kind of field trip once a week. Probably on Wednesday to break up the week a bit. I'll let you know and you can come with us. Maybe I should put a schedule together and let people in the neighborhood know and they can come if they want....hmm...now I'm giving myself more work possibly. We'll see about that. :)

The Ekker Family said...

Looks like you had fun. Marcus gets to go tomorrow.

Tooele Brezoff said...

Missy, I am doing a give away on my apron blog (http://uppercrustaprons.blogspot.com/)
Here is how you enter to win!
1-Follow this Blog
2-Send others to my blog via
a)your blog
b)Facebook
c)twitter
3-Leave me a comment telling me how and where you have spread the word about the Give away and I will enter your sweet little name in to the drawing. (1entry per)
You have the chance to have your name entered 5 times!
I will enter you name 2 more times for the Most Creative way you have spread the word about the give away, so slap that thinking cap on lets see what you have got!

Angie said...

I love this little story...about how badly she wanted you to be there and how you worked so hard to make it happen. You're such a good mom!