Monday, April 19, 2010

Did You Know...

That all it takes to get your vacuum working is $1.49? Yeah, I was recently telling my friend that we will be buying our 4th vacuum in the 9 years we've been married...3 years of which we weren't even using our vacuum because of us living with parents. ANYWAY, this smart friend says that when her vacuum stops sucking, her husband just replaces the vacuum belt and he's done it a few times. REALLY? So, I buy a belt, actually 2 belts in a package for $1.49 and tear my vacuum apart. Guess what I found? A broken vacuum belt! So I replace it and put it all back together and it works! It's amazing! I'm really amazed and wanted to share this information just in case someone out there is as clueless as I was...there's probably not many of you. Now, I'm wishing we didn't throw out our hand vac, that's probably all that was wrong with it too.
And just because a post is always better with a picture, here is Cambree and Sadie after church in their matching jumpers. So cute! And I'm loving my blossoming tree in the background. Bring on Spring!!

9 comments:

J and Company said...

Good thing you found out before you got rid of this vacuum cleaner! It's a very handy thing to know and has saved us several times. Love the picture of the girls, that tree is so pretty as a background!

tracie said...

That sounds like something I would do. I must be rubbing off on you. I love this picture. So pretty.

Denise said...

Woohoo! Cheap repair, working vacuum. A match made in heaven. And the girls, as usual, are darling.

Brynn said...

I guess I will go tear apart my old vacuum. Cute pic.

Nat said...

Funny enough my vacuum stopped working on Saturday night and I was wondering if I should take it in, but I think I will check the belt first. Thanks! Oh and I love the picture.

Missy said...

Glad I could be of some help to a few people. :)

fabules said...

Missy, I love to see and hear of all the stuff you do through your blog and the pictures you post. You are amazing. You sound so happy and settled. Thanks for the info on the vacuum too.

Angie said...

We've luckily had our vacuum since we were married. But it stopped working and Rob put a new belt on. Then he cleaned out the clogged hoses. But now it will work for about 10 minutes and then shut off from overheating. I guess almost 8 years is a long life for a vacuum. It's a good thing the belt lasted as long as it did...

Jody Hancock said...

I love this picture of the girls! They are both so darling. Did you use an action on this pic? If so, please share! I love it!