Friday, April 30, 2010

Chinese, Anyone?


So a week or two ago, a wonderful Chinese lady in my neighborhood (also my Visiting Teacher) had a few of us over to show us how to cook some easy Chinese dishes. I was so excited! Real, authentic Chinese!!
She taught us how to make some potatoes that taste alot like french fries.
We learned to make tomatoes with eggs...interesting combo, but tasty!
An asparagus and ham dish...I think it was my favorite. I've never had such yummy asparagus!
AND (yeah, she taught us 4 dishes in an hour! I told you! Really easy!) a shrimp and green onion dish.
I'm not a fan of shrimp, but they were pretty good. :)

And I'm proud to say, that I made the ham & asparagus dish and the potatoes for my family. They all loved them! Go me! Shawn even bought some shrimp in homes that I'll make that dish. We'll see about that...


Check out The Sassy Homemaker blog for the step-by-step instructions and ingredients. You'll be glad you did!

Pictures courtesy of "The Sassy Homemaker". I was busy taking notes. :)

5 comments:

tracie said...

yummy. I am going to have to make some.

J and Company said...

I'm with Shawn, that shrimp dish looks delicious! But of course, I love shrimp. Yummm. p.s. I'm doing a senior shoot really soon. Any tips?

Maggie said...

Looks so yummy! I will be trying all of these soon.

I feel like I should know the answer to this question but who's blog is the sassy homemaker? I love it.

Missy said...

Hi Maggie! I'm glad you found my blog. I'll need to check yours out. The Sassy Homemaker is Denise Howard. I hope I haven't blown her cover now. ;)

Tara said...

Ooooh - I've always wanted to be able to make Chinese food that didn't come from the freezer section of the grocery store. :) Thanks for the tips - I think I can handle ham and asparagus.... :)