Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Give a Day, Get a Day

So we just finished up our service project for Disney's "Give a Day, Get a Day" program. You sign up and choose a service project and then you get free Disney passes for everyone 6 years and older. It's pretty awesome and since we're going to Cali this summer anyway, it will be fun to squeeze that in too. Especially since my girls have never been and it's been YEARS since Shawn and I have gone.
Our service project was buying school supplies for a group called Youth Making a Difference (YMAD). (Yea! I didn't even have to sew!) A group from Springville/Mapleton is going to India this month to help children in need. It's really awesome and I'm glad we got to participate somehow.
I'm really glad I was made aware of all the service that is out there. We had PLENTY to choose from. It's nice to know where to find a need and be willing to fill it.
You'd think I'd pay a LITTLE more attention to my girls here...I should've did a re-shoot. Oh well. I'm so NOT a perfectionist.

5 comments:

Denise said...

My kids chose a project making hygiene kits, so now I don't have to sew, either. Yay! lol

We haven't started yet, just got the email yesterday. Dollar store, here I come!

Angie said...

That sounds really cool. I don't think we'll be making it to Disneyland this year, but it would still be awesome to participate!

esperanza said...

My friends and I were so going to do something too but the free Disneyland tickets just ran out this passed week!

John & Jennifer Savage said...

I heard somewhere that the tickets just ran out, so you guys did it just in the nick of time! What else have you guys been up to lately?

Missy said...

Yeah, I was worried but we're good! I know...I need to make a blog post!