Tuesday, February 23, 2010

What's Going on at the Hancock House

It seems like it's been awhile since I've blogged and I'm sure you've all been dying for me to post! Anyway, here's a recap of what's been going on:
I've been engrossed in my photography! That's for sure!
-Made a Facebook Fan Page for Xpressions Photography...Thanks for becoming a fan those of you who have...those of you that haven't, become a Fan here. :)
-Updated my galleries on my website. It's been fun to go back and look at what I've done and who I've met last year. It's awesome! I have the best job! Check them out: Xpressions Photography Website
-Working on pictures of kids with braces for my brother-in-law's Orthodontic Practice. They're doing a great job starting their office from scratch and getting their name out there.
-Headed up a Photo Walk with women from the neighborhood last Saturday. We just went around shooting and learning from each other! It was great! Now we're going to have a little photography club. So if you want to learn more about your camera and practice taking pictures, then you're welcome to be a part of it!
-Did my first wedding! I don't do weddings but she only wanted pictures at the temple so I gave in. I told myself it was just a family shoot, right? I'll be posting pics on my photo blog someday!
-Worked on uploading stock photos to sell for my brother's online business. My! Aren't we all entrepreneurs?! He's creating a billing system for smaller companies if anyone is interested. :)
-I'm doing Sadie's 6 Month Old photo shoot soon. I can't believe she's that old already!

When I'm not doing photography, I'm doing this (or Shawn):
Yup...Sadie got RSV. I took her in to the Dr. because I was worried about her wheezing and coughing. She also had a double ear infection, of course! Sadie wasn't even complaining or anything. I'm glad they've been really aggressive with her treatment. We do the nebulizer treatments every 4-6 hours and take her to the hospital to get suctioned out however often we want. She really wasn't even that congested, but I was glad we were taking all the precautions. She's almost all better now. She's done so well...except for the suctioning part...she HATES that!
We've all (except Brinley) had a little bit of sickness, but I think we're all good now.

-I've also been going to Zumba! Finally, I'm getting some exercise even if it is just a little bit. I'm sure Cambree never thought she'd see her mother shake her thang like that! (Yeah, it's a free class taught by a lady in the neighborhood. The kids roam free!)

-And I guess I also need to clean the house. Let's face it, it's been TOO long and I've got things coming up in the next few days and my house needs to look presentable. :)

7 comments:

J and Company said...

aww, that picture of little Sadie is darling. She is so big, and it's sad to see her hooked up to a nebulizer (but still cute). I've been wondering where you have been, so I'm glad you updated us. Wish your photography club was closer. Well, just wish YOU were closer. :) but awesome job with your pictures as always!

Denise said...

Oh, I am a fabulous VT, aren't I? I had no idea Sadie was sick (or any of the rest of you)! Darn it. I'm glad she's doing better.

tracie said...

So sorry about the illness. We have had some over here too. I hate it when the kids have to stay home from school. I don't get a thing done. Let me know if I can do anything to help you. I am excited about the photo club.

Tara said...

Sadie is such a gorgeous baby! Even sick and sad with a nebulizer! Your photography website is awesome - it looks like a lot of work! And you do it so well!

Mel said...

Whew, you are one busy lady! Sorry Sadie is sick. I'm glad she is doing better.

Angie said...

Aww...poor Sadie. I hope she starts feeling well soon. I just love her curls!

I didn't know JJ started a web site. That's really cool. I hope he does well with it.

TLP said...

I'm sorry sadie hasn't been well, that sucks. Isn't Zumba fun though!!