Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

I really needed a fun weekend...I was SO ready to be out with some friends!!
Friday night, SIL Jody invited us to go out with her and Bryce (Shawn's bro). Yea! We wanted to go out to a movie but nothing good (any suggestions?) was playing and Jody had already seen Mama Mia 2 times...so we waited an hour to get into Texas Roadhouse to eat. I can never get enough of their YUMMY rolls with cinnamon butter!! My mouth is watering just thinking about them!
Saturday we woke up early to get down to Cedar Hills to go house hunting. We found our dream house!! I just don't know if we can make it a reality...so I'm stressing about it...I'll let you know if we make it happen.
Then, we went to the BYU game!! Thanks to my childhood friend, Katie, and her husband we got to go with them to the first BYU game!! I had a really good time catching up with Katie (she lives in St. George) and we did watch the football game too. (Thanks, Katie, for the pics I stole off your blog since I didn't bring my camera!)Shout out to Kelly Brown whose brother Dennis Pitta really ripped it up in that game!! If it wasn't for him, the game would've been really close!!! We were all comfy with a big lead in the first 1/2 and then in the 3rd quarter it was fumble after fumble with only a few yards to a touchdown. So frustrating!! But in the 4th, they came back. The final score 41-17! They better play harder with the upcoming game against Washington St. next week!! YIKES!!!
Sunday we got to relax and Monday we went house hunting again. This time in AF and PG. Some nice ones but we are so hooked on Cedar Hills that we just can't fall in love with any of the other ones!

11 comments:

Tooele Brezoff Family said...

You will have to post a photo of this dream house I wanna see it!

Katie said...

Glad you got the pictures. Sorry I didn't post more. I would like to see pictures of this house too! Good luck house hunting and we will see you in another month. That game in October is the homecoming game too! Just let me know what time will work to do pictures. Also I was wondering what that web site was you use to get borders for pictures? Talk to you soon.

stephschmidt said...

I agree, let's see pictures of the dream house! I hope it works out for you guys. Glad you had a fun weekend!

Kelly said...

Hey Missy! Glad you could go to the game. I didn't think Shawn would allow you to miss the season opener. It was a great game or at least Dennis and Max's part of it. We only listened to it on KSL because we can't get it on TV, but yesterday we were able to see most of it. The Washington game we will be able to watch and we will be up there for the Wyoming game. Are you guys going to that one? We should get together. John and I will be there the whole week before (15th- 21st).

That is great that you are looking in Cedar Hills! So close to my parents house! Love to see the pictures too! Hope you are able to get it!

Kelly said...

Oh and thanks for the shout out too!

happy mom said...

oooh, I want to see your maybe dream house. keep us posted. should I recognize katie? I keep thinking that I am going to recognize somebody from your past.

you will be happy to know that the plant is looking better. oh and did I really never say anything to you in highschool? I am going to let it go, but I just read your comment again.

well we miss you!

jen&john&maddy said...

I'm like everyone else, I'm dying to see the dreamhouse, but I understand why you don't want to post it yet in case it doesn't work out! Is it in the great neighborhood?? And even though I'm not a BYU superfan, that game sounded like a fun one to be at! I just randomly miss provo sometimes! Good luck with the house and keep us up to date!

Sants said...

We TOTALLY miss BYU football games. We took Rachel to them from the time she was born. (With cotton in her ears and a little earwarmer headband to protect. Nostalgic moment....)

I hope that you can get your dream house! Like everyone else, I want to see! Are home prices dropping there, too?

esperanza said...

I wish I could have seen the game! Also, the voice of byu football now works at my school! And my loyalty is challenged a bit whenever byu plays WA! :D

Andrea Brown said...

Keep us up to date on the house. It will be nice to have you close - even if it's in Cedar Hills (I ride my bike up there lots). Sounds like you had a good weekend.

Chrissy said...

Good luck with the house hunting! It sure can be a pain!