Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Family Portrait Time!!

It's time for a change of scenery on my blog posts...but just for one post!
So on top of all my trips, selling and packing the house, I've done a TON of family photo shoots!! I'm just not used to being so busy!! One REALLY big one (5 families!)! So things have just been CRAAAAZY!! I'm finally done editing all of them and decided to do just one big, massive post! All the shoots were at The Benson Grist Mill. People love that place!! It IS great!!
This first shoot was Shawn's cousin's wife's family. So kind of related, but not really. They were so crazy and super fun!! I like it when families can loosen up a little! This was my first really big shoot like this, so I was glad they were so relaxed and fun!
All the Grandkids! Whew!!
Everyone!! (And they're all looking!)

This was their idea! To sit on the old porta-potty! So cute!

The BIG family walk!

And, we fit a one-year-old shoot in too. Aren't her eyes amazing?

Then, I took pictures for my friend, Donell. She's been waiting for weeks during and after I was on my trip to get her family's pictures taken. I was so happy with how they turned out! Her boys are just too cool to smile now, but don't they look so studly?

We copied my idea from my family pictures. It's always a winner! (Thanks for the frame, Jenn!)

I did do a closer shot of Rachel, but this was my favorite.

This family shoot is Shawn's brother, Val's family. It was kind of an impromtu shoot so not many shots. The lighting was great, but it was a little breezy. We did this in a front yard of Shawn's brother, Ryan's, neighbor's house...they weren't home! Naughty! It was a nice yard, though!

And I can't for the life of me, get this picture to turn!! Blogger must not like 5X5's!


And this last shoot was fun! My long lost friend from H.S., who I found through blogging, lives in Delta. She was on her way to a family thing and stopped by so we could do some pictures!! So fun!!

More copycats from my family shoot. It's all good!! (Thanks again, Jenn, for the frame!)

Stacia hasn't changed a bit (except maybe the hairstyle!)! I can't say the same for me, though!

We also did Tate's One Year Old pictures. He was having a bad day (woke up with a goopy eye) and would hardly smile the entire time. This was the only time he smiled...but he was smilin' and laughing good!! Whata cutie!

16 comments:

Kurtis, Stacia, Austin, & Tate said...

Glad I could see a sneak peak of the pictures! They turned out so cute! I'm still sad that Tate wasn't feeling well and refused to smile. He was pretty much himself the next day, a little too late though. Oh well!

Kim said...

Nice pictures Missy! I was glad to see someone I recognized on there! Isn't Stacia's fam so cute? I love the pictures with the frame.

Pearson's said...

So cute, one of these days I am going to get my family pictures taken, We need them done. So expect to hear from me. Cute,

jen&john&maddy said...

Adorable shots as always! You have such a great eye for getting fabulous family group shots. I think I need some practice with that, because I always love the close ups. I'm going to have to check out this Benson Grist Mill, it looks like a fun place to take pictures! Oh, and thanks again for the actions and scheduling thoughts. I'm excited for Friday!

The Ekker Family said...

You do such a good job!!! Love all the pictures.

Kris said...

Great pictures! You are very talented.

Sants said...

Love the pictures! You are a fun and talented photographer!

Love, Tif

Brandi said...

I love the porta potty shot. That one is cute. Again you are great photographer.

stephschmidt said...

You have such a gift! I love all those pictures, but I think my favorites are the porta potty and the bridge - I love pictures of people walking away. Does that say something about my personality?? :)

Katie said...

You do such an awesome job with pictures I can't wait until we can get up there and use your talents too. I am looking forward to the game too just a few more weeks it will be great to get together. We just got the tickets this week so it will be great. We can figure out a place and time to meet when it gets closer. Keep in touch.

nicole said...

Hey there you amazing women you...I just love you and your talent photography. I really do have pictures ALL over my house that you have taken and all of my clients have been noticing that latley:) I'm exicted you show you my 11 by 14's you helped me with. They turned out soooo cute. I framed them in boxes and put a rod iron word "family" by it. Anyway, I just miss you lately and need to hang out with you-k-. *nicole

Tara said...

gorgeous pictures, Missy! You're always inspiring me. :)

Tara said...

gorgeous pictures, Missy! You're always inspiring me. :)

Tara said...

gorgeous pictures, Missy! You're always inspiring me. :)

Tara said...

gorgeous pictures, Missy! You're always inspiring me. :)

happy mom said...

sometime for fun, we need to pull out the yearbooks, she does not look familiar at all! but I do recognize him. you are so talented! I hope your rising empire continues even though you move!