Sunday, June 29, 2008

A Whirl of a Weekend!

We had quite the weekend! Friday, Barbara babysat so we could go to dinner and the temple. It was just a bummer that the South Jordan temple was being cleaned, since my in-laws live right next to it, and we had to go to the SL Temple. But it was really nice to get to go.
Saturday, we headed down to Orem to meet my old H.S. friend, Julie. She was in town, so we got together at a park so the kids could all play (since she has 4 of them!). I was telling her what I've got planned for the day and she says she needs her hair cut. So I called Nicole to see if Julie could join in on our fun for the day. No problem! So we all got pedicures (that's mine and Nicole's b-day presents to each other every summer) and our hair done while our husbands watched the kids. They were really great to do that pretty much the whole day! Brinley even got her hair cut. It's to her shoulders and has a little style to it. Her hair was just too thin to have long anymore. {Sigh} At least Cambree has thicker hair so maybe it will be long. It's too bad she wanted it in braids so you really couldn't see what it looked like. It's cute!
On the way home, Shawn dropped me off at the Benson Grist Mill for an engagement shoot for a girl in my ward. The location was perfect with his cowboy hat! We also went out to the Great Salt Lake which was HUMID and INFESTED with gnats!! I've never seen it so bad!!! They were troopers and we still got some good ones. Here's a sample, but I don't have time to edit all of them so there will be more later. (I don't even have them on Flickr yet!)
*Oh! I almost forgot! Today I was FINALLY released from being the Primary Choirster (it was a great calling and I grew A LOT, but I was ready to be done!) to the Beehive Advisor! I've known for 3 weeks so it was hard keeping it a secret. But I'm SO excited to work with these wonderful YW we have in our ward! Yea!

10 comments:

Melanie said...

I LOVE all the photo's you take you are so good! I so want you to do my family and kid's pictures! You are so Awsome! Check out my blog I am just a beginner.
JeffMelanieandourlittleangels.blogspot

meyerstwins.blogspot.com said...

Im jealous you got peds with Ju and Nicole. Sounds like lots of fun! Im hoping to see Ju tomorrow.

Sants said...

Way too much fun! I get a pedi every few weeks (theoretically) during the summer with a couple of girlfriends. It was that, or start drinkin' and I am fond of my temple recommend, so I went with the pedicure. Cheaper, too, I hear.

Kristen Risbeck said...

Missy, you are so talented! Even with all the gnats, you did an amazing job. Although, I will never look at Great Salt Lake the same! I hope you have a great time on your trip! Thank you so much - I can't wait to see the pics from the wedding!

John & Jennifer Savage said...

Love the pictures as always! I think the kissing behind the cowboy hat is such a cute idea! I'm already getting sad for you to be gone for practically a month to Italy! But I am excited to see all of your pictures and hear stories about the Italian men that would leave a blonde-haired blue eyed American girl alone! lol!

John & Jennifer Savage said...

*not leave you alone!

Andrea Brown said...

You're a busy girl. I loved being in young women's. You'll be a great adviser.

esperanza said...

Wow! YW will be a change for you but you will be so good and be super fun for them which they will love! You have a perfect personality for YW! Congrats and good luck!

Jordan Wilcox said...

Missy-
It's so funny that you are the Beehive Advisor! You don't know how many times we asked for you when I was in YW's!!! What a perfect fit for you!

echolsfamily said...

You will love being in YW's and be great at your new calling. There is such an amazing group of girls there. I was blown away when I first heard their testimonies. Tell those beehives hi for me and that I miss them. I feel so bad I promised them I would email and keep in touch with them when I left, and I have NO idea where the paper is that they wrote their email addresses on?! ugh...
Also, love the cute cowboy hat pictures! Great job, again!